latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Understanding Membership Levels vs Products

Home Forums Community Forum Understanding Membership Levels vs Products

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Dec 14th, 2012 at 11:33 pm #34733
JuryDuty
Username: JuryDuty

I understand basically how membership levels work:

0 is free
1 is paid + everything from 0
2 is paid + everything from 1 and 0
3 is paid + everything from 2, 1 and 0

But is it possible to create each level to be independent? For instance:

0 is free
1 is paid + everything from 0, but NOT anything from 2 or 3
2 is paid + everything from 0, but NOT anything from 1 or 3
3 is paid + everything from 0, but NOT anything from 1 or 2

And here’s the big question:

Then could a user of any level have the ability to “pay for” and “unlock” additional levels any time they want (if you have 2, you can unlock 1 or 3 at a later date)?

How might this work? Does one need Pro to do it? This is about all that’s holding me back right now.

Thx!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Dec 16th, 2012 at 7:53 am #34772

You can do something like that using custom capabilities. Please watch this video: Video » s2Member (Custom Capabilities)

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Dec 26th, 2012 at 7:05 pm #35528
JuryDuty
Username: JuryDuty

This is excellent.

So:

1. I have two levels (0 and 1). 0 is free, 1 is paid members.
2. I tag certain pages with “dog” or “cat.” Users can only access those areas by paying specifically for them.

So what if I want to also offer a global option–a monthly plan, for instance, that accesses ALL areas? I tried making that level2, but it still didn’t give access to the ccaps.

And if they purchase a custom capability, can they later upgrade to all area access, then cancel and still drop back to their original access to the custom capability they purchased? Will their account stay flagged?

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  JuryDuty.
Posted: Thursday Dec 27th, 2012 at 3:36 pm #35576
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

So what if I want to also offer a global option–a monthly plan, for instance, that accesses ALL areas? I tried making that level2, but it still didn’t give access to the ccaps.

You’ll need to add all of the custom capabilities that the user needs to this form that is level 2. s2Member doesn’t currently support this kind of functionality.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.