latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Unexplained s2member link with simple press

Home Forums Community Forum Unexplained s2member link with simple press

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice. Last updated by  Jane Donce 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jan 27th, 2013 at 7:05 pm #39740
Jane Donce
Username: Jane11

Hi,

I recently loaded simple press and created a page called mydomain.com/forum. I then added a link to the members welcome page that said mydomain.com/forum. I initially had the /forum page set at a level 0 page restriction, logged in as a member, clicked the forum link on the members welcome page and got to mydomain.com/forum.

However, I then changed it to a level 1 or higher setting and now when I go to click the forum link on the member welcome page I get redirected to my members options page (aka my purchase page) and this weird link appears:
http://www.mydomain.com/purchase/?_s2member_seekingtype=page&_s2member_seekingpage=1161&_s2member_seeking_uri=L2ZvcnVtLw%3D%3D&_s2member_reqtype=level&_s2member_reqlevel=1&_s2member_restype=page&s2member_seeking=page-1161&s2member_level_req=1

I then tried to reset it to level 0 thinking I could then get back in, but the same weird link showed up, but this time with a req=0 at the end.

Also weird is that when I log out of the dashbord as the Admin, I again get redirected to the members option page and the same link shows up. The only way I got it back to normal was to uninstall and reinstall simple press. THis worked until I tried resetting /forum to level #1 and the whole problem started again.

As you can see, the text in the problem link above involves S2member. What do you think is going on behind the scenes here and how can I make it work? If I don’t restrict the forum to level 1 or higher, than anyone can access /forum. The good news is that simple press is automatically adding the admin and new member as being part of the forum but I’m unable to get the admin and member to the forum without getting redirected to the members option page(as well as having the strange link appear at logout ).

Also, is there a forum software that s2member is using on its support site? If so, perhaps that software is a better fit for s2member?

Thank you

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.