latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Unintended EOT Deletion!

Home Forums Community Forum Unintended EOT Deletion!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Feb 15th, 2012 at 6:09 pm #5282
Matthew
Username: beyonddesign

I have been using s2member for my site since August 2010. I have only ever sold lifetime membership terms in that whole time but in the last 2 days, the system has demoted 13 of my users back to subscribers. They paid for lifetime access to custom capabilities and the problem is that I can’t even just manually renew them because the system also removed their ccaps when it demoted them. I need to make sure this doesn’t happen anymore!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Feb 16th, 2012 at 3:01 am #5327

Hello Mathew.

I’m sorry you had that problem. Of you course you wouldn’t want it to happen again.

Would you happen to have logging enabled? If so, please post the log entries related to those users, x’ing out any private info. If it isn’t enabled, it’d be a good idea to do it so you get more info to work with in cases like this. [hilite path]WP Admin -> s2Member -> PayPal Options -> Account Details -> Enable Logging[/hilite]

You can restore access to the user editing his profile and manually adding the ccaps back to it. [hilite path]WP Admin -> Users -> All User -> Edit user -> Custom Capabilities[/hilite]

If they purchased lifetime access, then no EOT should have been set for the users. If they also had a subscription going, separate from the ccap access, and the subscription ended for some reason, that’d set an EOT for the account, affecting the ccaps also. Do you sell a subscription too, or some other access that isn’t lifetime?

Could you review the profile of other users the purchased access the same way those users with the problem did? There’s a field for EOT, it should be blank.

Posted: Friday Feb 24th, 2012 at 1:05 pm #6287
Matthew

Hi there…I\’ve never used anything but lifetime access…my product hasn\’t changed since the beginning. I basically sell custom capabilities as lifetime access to product support.

The only thing I can think is that I recently enabled a form to allow people who bought from another place before I started my site to get a free upgrade. They enter a purchase code (which I then use as the subscr id) and if it\’s valid, it shows them a link like this…

$item_number = '1:general,original:1 L';
$subscr_id = $_POST['purchase-code'];
$subscr_gateway = 'PayPal';
$link = c_ws_plugin__s2member_register_access::register_link_gen('ThemeForest', $subscr_id, $_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"] , $item_number, true);
Posted: Friday Feb 24th, 2012 at 1:06 pm #6288
Matthew

I have to ask, since this keeps happening, is there any way to completely turn off all EOT deletions since I only sell lifetime memberships?

Posted: Friday Feb 24th, 2012 at 7:06 pm #6360

I have to ask, since this keeps happening, is there any way to completely turn off all EOT deletions since I only sell lifetime memberships?

Absolutely. Go here:
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.