latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Unique Welcome Page for Each User

Home Forums Community Forum Unique Welcome Page for Each User

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jun 8th, 2012 at 4:57 pm #15962
bentfly
Username: bentflyrod

Hi,
Is it possible to have each user land on a unique welcome page? I would like to redirect each user to different pages. I need those pages to be protected too. Is this possible with s2member?
Thanks,
Chris

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jun 8th, 2012 at 8:34 pm #15998
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Chris,

Do you mean like every user lands in his own like personal page?

Posted: Saturday Jun 9th, 2012 at 3:09 am #16043
bentfly

Hi Eduan,
Thanks for helping. Yes, I sell the page to the user and then I update it for a period of time during our contract. The page is specific to the user and contains personal information about the user, so I need it to be protected. So, when they login to my site I’d like to direct them to their own personal (protected) page. Is this possible?
Thanks in advance for the assistance,
Chris

Posted: Saturday Jun 9th, 2012 at 1:27 pm #16072
bentfly

Hi,

I am trying to restrict page access to one membership level, but it appears impossible.

Under “Page Access Restrictions” we cannot specify pages that are restricted to certain membership access levels. Actually, we specify “Pages that Require Level # Or Higher.”

I wish that “Or Higher” was omitted. Then I could restrict access to one particular level only.

Does anyone have a solution to this? If I upgrade to the Pro version (unlimited membership access levels) will I have the same problem?

Thanks,
Chris

Posted: Saturday Jun 9th, 2012 at 2:39 pm #16076
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

Yes, you will have the same problem because s2member is build on the hierarchy concept where if you have level 3 access, you should have access to everything below level 3 as well.

However, there is a shortcode you can use to wrap content you want to display only for a specific level:

[s2If current_user_is(s2member_level1)]
    Some content for Free Subscribers.
[/s2If]

Hope that helps,

Dave

Posted: Saturday Jun 9th, 2012 at 2:42 pm #16077
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Chris,

I think this post should be of interest for you:
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/login-redirect-help/

Hope this helps. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.