latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Unwanted changes after update (Vers. 130207)

Home Forums Community Forum Unwanted changes after update (Vers. 130207)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Feb 12th, 2013 at 11:47 am #41571

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Feb 14th, 2013 at 7:35 pm #41734
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Roger,

So if I understood correctly, you lost your settings after upgrading s2Member? If yes, could you please make extra sure that deactivation safeguards are enabled under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Deactivation Safeguards.

If they weren’t, that would explain why you lost your settings. :)

– Eduan

Posted: Friday Feb 15th, 2013 at 12:24 am #41764
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

I went into the ‘/plugins/s2member/images/’ and sure enough all images within that folder were updated 2/8/2013 2:17:22PM. I wouldn’t think of any images needing to be updated on a version update, but that’s just what happened in my situation.

This is the nature of WordPress®. Anytime you update a WP plugin, the procedure that WordPress® follows is to delete the existing plugin directory entirely, and replace it with the new version.

Therefore, if you have custom images, those really should live outside of the s2Member® plugin directory so they will survive updates. If you need to overwrite images, that customization will need to be reapplied after each update.

Posted: Friday Feb 15th, 2013 at 11:18 am #41886

Hi guys;

Thanks for the quick replies: @Eduan – I thought that I may have had the settings to ‘no’, but I did default to ‘yes’ on set-up, so that wasn’t it, and I double-checked just in case. @Jason – That’s definitely true; I did learn the hard way with multiple WP plugin/theme updates that concern, and I didn’t consider changing paths here for some reason with s2Member, but good advice/reminder – I appreciate that and will set my paths pointing in a different area :)

I could be one of the few who has initially gone through this, but would it be possible to include a text-notice/advisory within the ‘s2Member General Options–>Login/Registration Design–>Background Image:’ and ‘s2Member General Options–>Login/Registration Design–>Logo Image Configuration:’ that to avoid any image deletion upon updates, to ensure custom image-paths are set to a different folder outside of s2Member default? I deal with around 20-40 websites per any given week and sometimes have brain-farts and forget small things, LOL…

Also, the ‘learn more’ link within the above link (‘Background Image’) that is supposed to lead to the URL: http://www.w3schools.com/css/pr_background-repeat.asp results in a 404 error, so they may have deleted the page and I wanted to give you a heads-up (sorry, I know adding multiple subjects within a forum isn’t the place to do this, but I wanted to let you know).

It most definitely wasn’t a ‘pull-my-hair-out’ situation as it was very minor, but every little bit of advice helps so thank you very much for your prompt attention – and awesome program!

Have a great day!
Roger Sanchez

Posted: Saturday Feb 16th, 2013 at 6:59 am #41941
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

Yes, I will see what we can do about that. And thanks for the heads up on that broken link!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.