latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Update from Free to Pro – WordPress

Home Forums Community Forum Update from Free to Pro – WordPress

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Oct 29th, 2012 at 8:14 pm #30106

I purchased the pro version of s2member so that I could use my PayPal account that I already pay for, to accept credit cards directly through my website/WordPress.

Everything I have is with Yahoo Hosting and the Yahoo Site Builder. I am using a ‘members only’ section, and want s2member to handle that, and process the cards.

I purchased pro, I set up the login and password no problem. But I saw no way to link it with my current ‘free’ s2member plugin?

I searched through forums, and couldn’t find anything? How do I link it? I need to do this ASAP.

thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Oct 30th, 2012 at 2:51 pm #30188

Hi Thomas.

s2Member Pro is an add-on to the free s2Member framework. You keep your s2Member framework installed and add the s2Member Pro folder, so the new features it adds show up in your installation.

s2Member® » Pro » Install/Upgrade Instructions

About your existing PayPal Pro account, it’s important to keep in mind that s2Member requires your PayPal account to have the IPN URL set to s2Member’s when using PayPal Pro. This may be a problem if you already need it pointing to another URL that you can’t change without breaking what you have. Please read the documentation under [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® IPN Integration -> More Info[/hilite]

Posted: Wednesday Oct 31st, 2012 at 6:52 am #30241

Thank you for the info. I will be following those directions this evening and see how it goes.

thanks again.

Posted: Wednesday Oct 31st, 2012 at 6:37 pm #30278

Cool. :)

Posted: Saturday Nov 3rd, 2012 at 7:35 am #30540

I’m working on uploading the files VIA Ftp, that shouldn’t be a problem. But the directions for the IPN don’t line up to the navigation on the PayPal website, not even close. Are there updated directions someplace?

Posted: Sunday Nov 4th, 2012 at 5:45 am #30579

Sorry, it seems that PayPal has a new interface now, but it’s not for every user, since the one we have is the one we used for the documentation. I’m not familiar with the new one, but can try to google the settings you need. Which ones have you not found yet?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.