latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Update mailchimp merge tag for existing users

Home Forums Community Forum Update mailchimp merge tag for existing users

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jun 1st, 2012 at 7:51 am #15154
Lan
Username: bigrice

Hello Support Reps,
Could you please give me some advices as to which filter I should use?
add_filter(“ws_plugin__s2member_mailchimp_merge_array”, “my_filter”);
or
add_filter(“ws_plugin__s2member_mailchimp_update_existing”, “__return_true”);

Background:
I would like to update mailchimp merge tags for existing WP users from my customized WP database.
I want to sync Mailchimp merge tags with one of my WP database tables.
I found above two filters I might be able to use,but have no idea which one can fit my needs?

Thank you very much

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jun 1st, 2012 at 10:06 pm #15223

Hi Lan.

This other forum thread may be useful to you: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/registration-wont-update-mailchimp-merge-tags/

I hope it helps. :)

Posted: Saturday Jun 2nd, 2012 at 12:12 am #15233
Lan
Username: bigrice

Thank you Cristian. I’ve read the thread you recommended, but it seems to be different from what I hope to do? as it sync with mailchimp during the registration.

I hope to understand is whether we can update mailchimp merge tags for “existing WP users” (not newly register ones) with my customized WP database fields.
which filter should I use?
add_filter(“ws_plugin__s2member_mailchimp_merge_array”, “my_filter”);
or
add_filter(“ws_plugin__s2member_mailchimp_update_existing”, “__return_true”

thanks for your help in advance

Posted: Sunday Jun 3rd, 2012 at 9:48 pm #15299

You mean on profile edit or in a custom script of yours? The thread I pointed you to, later in the thread, mentions a function you can use to update the user in MailChimp.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.