latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Update users on import

Home Forums Community Forum Update users on import

Tagged: , , , ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Mar 20th, 2012 at 3:30 am #8582
Jose Cajide
Username: jrcajide

Hi there.
I’m planning to buy pro version but I don’t know nothiing about user import tools.
I’m going to use s2members in a closed registration website where all users are going to be imported from another non web aplication.
Importin is easy, but I will need a tool that can update existinf s2 users data with the modified one in csv without changing s2 users password.
Will pro have that function?
Also need to import some user meta extra fields into db.
My csv would be something like this:
user_login,user_email,user_pass,first_name,last_name,display_name,role,ei_clase,ei_alumno,ei_clase_2,ei_alumno_2,ei_clase_3,ei_alumno_3

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 20th, 2012 at 6:05 am #8594

Hi Jose.

Yes, the import tool can update existing users without changing their passwords, you’d just omit the password column. Instead of username, you’d have to add the user ID (integer) to match the user you want to update.

I’m not sure if you can updated custom meta fields if they aren’t custom fields created with s2Member. I’ll ask Jason to confirm.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 20th, 2012 at 6:42 am #8597
Jose Cajide
Username: jrcajide

Thanks Cristián.
While Jason tell you something about this, I have bought pro module and installed, but I cannot add custom fields to my login page.
In s2Member® General Options -> Custom Registration/Profile Fields, there isn’t kind of form that allow me to add the custom fields
Thank you

Posted: Tuesday Mar 20th, 2012 at 2:21 pm #8635

Hmm… You should have a link to add a new field there and it’d open a window with a form to create it.
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields[/hilite]

If you create those fields there, then you can import the values you had for them following the format explained in the Import panel.
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export -› User/Member Importation[/hilite]

Posted: Tuesday Mar 20th, 2012 at 7:49 pm #8658

Heard back from Jason about this. Here’s what he said:

No, s2Member Pro does not currently support the importation of arbitrary meta fields. The Custom Field IDs specified in the import file must be imported as s2Member Custom Registration/Profile Fields, and those IDs specified in the import file must match those which are currently configured for the s2Member installation.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.