latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Upgrade a recurring subscription to another

Home Forums Community Forum Upgrade a recurring subscription to another

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jul 11th, 2013 at 9:59 am #53295
Aymeric B
Username: AymericB87

Dear Support,

I have an problem : I have 2 subscriptions on my website :
– Subscription 1 is recurring on paypal for $100 per month and grant s2member_level1 access.
– Subscription 2 is also recurring on paypal but cost $200 per month and grant s2member_level2 access.

The thing is : Clients register for subscription 1 then after half a month decide to upgrade to subscription 2.

I would like : Subcription 2 to cancel susbcription 1 on paypal and deduct what is remaing of the month with subscription 1 for subscription 2. How can I do that ?

Exemple : Mr Clark Kent subscribe to subscription 1 on July 1, pay $100 for the first month and have an automatic renewal of $100 every 1st of each month on paypal. Mr Kent like our service very much (like he should ^^) and want to switch for subscription 2 on July 15th. His subscription 1 will be canceled on paypal and subscription 2 will take its place. Mr Kent will only pay $150 for the first month as he only used half a month of subscription 1 so $50 will be deducted from the $200 of the first month of subscription 2. Mr Kent will then be charged automatically $200 every 15th of each month.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jul 12th, 2013 at 10:32 am #53350
Aymeric B

Answers ? Anybody ? :(

Posted: Saturday Jul 13th, 2013 at 6:07 am #53378

You’d need to calculate the remaining time and use the initial term for the 2nd subscription, to credit him for it. So if he has $50 left from the Level 1 month, his first month of Level 2 he’d only be missing $150. Which is what you’d use the initial term for in this case, then the regular terms will be at $200.

s2Member doesn’t do these calculations, you’ll need to use a bit of PHP to estimate the amount and then adjust the s2Member shortcode for the new subscription.

Here’s some info that you may find helpful for this: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/membership-upgrade-questions/#post-52394

Keep in mind that subscriptions don’t set an EOT time before they end, so you’ll need to figure out the remaining paid time based on the time that the subscription started and the regular term (in this case monthly). About the payment times see: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Content Dripping[/hilite]

Or you could try query PayPal for this user’s subscription info. See: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/last-payment-time-is-wrong/#post-28491

I hope that helps! :)

Posted: Saturday Jul 13th, 2013 at 8:05 am #53397
Aymeric B

ok thanks, and just to be sure, the new subscription will indeed cancel the previous one on paypal right ? (I wouldn’t want people to pay for both subscription at the same time).

Posted: Tuesday Jul 16th, 2013 at 6:01 am #53489

s2Member doesn’t do multiple subscriptions yet, just one at a time.

I’m not sure if you’re using buttons or pro-forms:
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Subscr. Modification Buttons[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Billing Modification Forms[/hilite]

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.