latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Upgrade from Monthly to One-time Memberships

Home Forums Community Forum Upgrade from Monthly to One-time Memberships

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday May 31st, 2013 at 11:28 am #51054
Jack Holley
Username: jholley

I’m sure this has been answered elsewhere in the forums/KB, but the more I read and search the more confused I get. I am planning a website that:

1) Sells a digital product for a one-time fee (Level 1 BuyNow)
2) Offers an upgrade to a monthly membership (Level 2 Subscription)
3) Further offers an upgrade to 6 month access to an online coaching course (Level 3 one-time payment for 6 months access, then demotes to Level 2 subscription at EOT unless canceled)
4) Further offers upgrade to 12 months premium coaching (Level 4 one-time payment for 12 month access, then demotes to Level 2 subscription at EOT unless canceled)

I want to make sure each level has access to the previous levels as well (so Level 4 should be able to access Levels 1-4). I am using s2member PRO and Authorize.net for credit card processing.

Am I correct in setting this site up as follows?

Level 1: BuyNow for the digital product
Level 2: Monthly Subscription using AuthNet ARB
Level 3: One-time payment for 6 months access, then demote to Level 2
Level 4: One-time payment for 12 months access, then demote to Level 2

Using a different ProForm for each level for the first sale (for instance, someone could decide to purchase the Premium Coaching Level 4 program right away instead of upgrading from a lower level), or using the Billing Modification Form to upgrade levels (for instance, if someone is a Level 2 subscriber and wants to upgrade to Level 3 – and thereby canceling the monthly billing while a Level 3 member).

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday May 31st, 2013 at 11:14 pm #51106

Level 3: One-time payment for 6 months access, then demote to Level 2
Level 4: One-time payment for 12 months access, then demote to Level 2

I’d make these custom capabilities (ccaps) instead of levels. Selling the levels would end the Level 2 subscription, and the EOT demotion would be to Level 0. Video » s2Member (Custom Capabilities)

To end the ccap access you’d use a conditional, rather than the EOT. So sell them for lifetime access to prevent an EOT from happening, and then protect your content with conditionals. See: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Content Dripping[/hilite]

Posted: Saturday Jun 1st, 2013 at 9:59 am #51134
Jack Holley

Thanks, Cristian! I see how using ccaps gives me more flexibility with “upgrading” and adding new content to a membership. I see how I can ccaps to “upgrade” an existing subscriber to allow access to the online coaching program.

I am still confused as to how sell the online coaching as a stand-alone product (if someone does NOT want to purchase the monthly subscription membership).

Can this be done using ccaps as well, just set up the person as a level 0 member? Then I would use an AuthNet ProForm Buy Now to sell access to that ccap as a level 0 member?

Posted: Saturday Jun 1st, 2013 at 11:24 am #51138
Jack Holley

Ok, I got my last question figured out.

Thank you!!

Posted: Sunday Jun 2nd, 2013 at 2:50 am #51160

Great! I’m glad I could help and that you figured it out. :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.