latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Upgrade to S2member Pro not worked

Home Forums Community Forum Upgrade to S2member Pro not worked

This topic contains 20 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Simon Wilkinson 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Feb 15th, 2013 at 6:40 pm #41910

Hi

I have followed the instructions.

1. Installed framework
2. Downloaded Pro and unzipped
3. FTP’d pro to plugin folder
4. Have both the s2member and s2member-pro directories in plugins (not with double directory error)

However, when I look in my dashboard only free version can be seen, pro is not being picked up nor appears in plugins.

I have tried removing and reinstalling and shutting browser and logging back into wordpress.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Feb 16th, 2013 at 2:02 am #41928

You will only see the s2member plugin. The pro version works in the background.
If you can see the s2member Pro (Login Widget) in the widget space you can be assured that the pro version is indeed up and running.

Posted: Saturday Feb 16th, 2013 at 5:22 am #41937

Thanks for responding.

I have looked in widgets and all of the S2 member pages in dashboard and can not see the Paypal Pro option anywhere.

It might be that I am not looking in the right place.

Thanks

Simon

Posted: Saturday Feb 16th, 2013 at 5:01 pm #41978
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Simon,

Do you have access to this section in your dashboard: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› s2Member® Pro Info

If you do have access to that then it means you do have s2Member pro installed. If you don’t then it means s2Member is not installed correctly for whatever reason.

– Eduan

Posted: Saturday Feb 16th, 2013 at 5:03 pm #41979

Hi

I have just watched the S2member Pro video and in plugins I do not see the s2member pro text listed against the S2member framework. This has confirmed it is not picking up the pro add-on even though the files are in the correct directory.

Do you know the process of getting support from the vendor?

Thanks

Simon

Posted: Saturday Feb 16th, 2013 at 5:16 pm #41984

Hi Eduan,

I do not have that option.

Question

Does it matter that wordpress and s2member is being used in a sub directory?

Simon

Posted: Saturday Feb 16th, 2013 at 5:57 pm #41993

I have just read Jonathan’s post about being dissapointed and I must admit I am now starting to think if I made the wrong decision and should go for Wishlist Member or Magic Member?

I would be grateful if somebody from S2member support to contact me on Monday 18th Feb when they are back online.

Thanks

Simon

Posted: Saturday Feb 16th, 2013 at 6:07 pm #41996
Eduan

Hmm… Not sure what you mean with a sub-directory.

Could you please post the entire structure of your website? Or at least explain what you mean with sub-directory?

Also, the preference in software differs from member to member. But I can tell you this, s2Member is much cheaper and much more powerful (it does lacks in some stuff though).

– Eduan

Posted: Saturday Feb 16th, 2013 at 6:18 pm #41999

/public_html/academy/wp-content/plugins

Posted: Saturday Feb 16th, 2013 at 6:27 pm #42000

In plugins I have the following folders (plugin status in brackets)

akismet (plugin deactivated)
jetpack (plugin deactivated)
s2member (activated)
s2member-files
s2member-logs
s2member-pro

Then the following files:

hello.php
index.php

The s2member directory has the following when opened:

Directories:

images
licensing

Files:

checksum.txt
index.php
pro-module.php
readme.txt

I am running the plugin with the Optimize Press theme.

I have tried switching to the Twenty Eleven theme and still the pro functionality does not work.

Thanks

Simon

Posted: Saturday Feb 16th, 2013 at 6:42 pm #42003
Eduan

I see. So are you accessing the main website? Or the sub-domain?

Posted: Saturday Feb 16th, 2013 at 6:43 pm #42005

The subdomain

I have added an install of wordpress into the sub domain to use as a membership site. The main domain features a wordpress install using a different theme where I have my blog and articles.

Posted: Saturday Feb 16th, 2013 at 6:53 pm #42006
Eduan

Hmm… I can’t see what the problem may be. Maybe Jason, Bruce or Cristian may have an idea. But you’re gonna have to wait till Monday for that. :/

– Eduan

Posted: Monday Feb 18th, 2013 at 10:03 am #42263

Eduan

How do I ensure that Jason, Bruce or Christian see my issue in the forums?

Thanks

Simon

Posted: Monday Feb 18th, 2013 at 10:56 am #42273

I really would like to get this issue resolved or a refund as I need to get Paypal Pro up and running on my website. I would be grateful if you could contact me.

Posted: Monday Feb 18th, 2013 at 10:55 pm #42403
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread :-)

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having so much trouble just getting s2Member® Pro activated. It sounds like it’s not getting picked up by the Framework for some reason. You confirmed some of the most common errors; so let’s take a quick look for you. Please post a Dashboard login and we’ll fix you up!

Please do that privately. See: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Tuesday Feb 19th, 2013 at 1:52 am #42432

Hi Jason

What do you mean by Dashboard login? If you mean to my site, is there a way to send it privately as I can not share it on a general forum.

Thanks

Simon

Posted: Tuesday Feb 19th, 2013 at 1:54 am #42435

Ok just seen the private link at bottom of post. Will send the information.

Posted: Tuesday Feb 19th, 2013 at 4:18 am #42457
Staff Member

Details received. Thank you!

~Investigating now.

Posted: Tuesday Feb 19th, 2013 at 4:59 am #42463
Staff Member

Thanks for your patience.

I just took a look at your installation and I ran diagnostics against s2Member® and s2Member® Pro.

Your installation directory here: /wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/ is incomplete. It appeared to be missing the entire /includes/ directory (like it failed during your upload perhaps).

I tried to delete the entire directory and upload a fresh copy for you, but during my upload the server is returning random errors with “password failed”. This could indicate that my access is limited in some way; or it could indicate a larger problem with this server

I would make an attempt yourself to re-upload a fresh copy of the latest release of s2Member® Pro. Then run the s2Member® Server Scanner to be sure you don’t get any checksum errors. For your convenience, I’m uploading the s2Member® Server Scanner for you. So just run this scanner after you re-upload to make sure everything made it in there OK :-) Visit: /academy/s2-server-scanner.php in your browser.

Posted: Tuesday Feb 19th, 2013 at 9:34 am #42481

Hey Jason,

I have just uploaded the directory again using Filezilla instead of CuteFTP pro and it has worked. I now have the Paypal Pro buttons on the menu – thank you.

It might be worth adding what directories should be installed to your help check list. As you will see I listed the directories and files in my support forum post. If I had a list to check against I would have probably spotted at weekend and saved both you and me some time.

Anyway all sorted now and looking forward to using your product.

Have a good day.

Simon

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.