latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

URGENT – protected content not protected

Home Forums Community Forum URGENT – protected content not protected

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Kim Dushinski 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:24 pm #41630

I just got an order for a product I offer using a coupon code that is only available to members of my site. I checked and the page it is on is supposed to be protected. I have a screen capture of the Page Level Restriction showing Require Level #1 on the Edit Page.

When I try to go to the page by clicking around the site or even typing in the URL directly, the content is protected. However, if I perform a search on the site, the page shows up and is wide open, no protection whatsoever.

I have screen captures I can upload for you and also give you access to my WordPress if it will help. Let me know if I can submit them to you via the private option.

Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Feb 15th, 2013 at 3:51 am #41804
Staff Member

Thanks for reporting this important issue.

That is actually the intended functionality :-)
Please see: Video » s2Member (Content Restriction Trouble?)

See also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Alternative View Protection
This will help you correct the situation with search results.

Posted: Friday Feb 15th, 2013 at 8:26 am #41869

Thank you Jason. I honestly do read the documentation, but it doesn’t always make sense to me. I got the proper boxes checked off and this problem is solved. Yay!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.