latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

URL Encryption with JW Player

Home Forums Community Forum URL Encryption with JW Player

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Feb 23rd, 2012 at 1:34 pm #6136

Hey there Jason, this is a continuation on a thread discussing JW Player and Cloudfront. That latest video worked great and solved my issues. I have one concern, is there no way to encrypt the download distribution url to the file that is being downloaded during html fallback? If I’m using this method to display video to logged in or not logged in users, I would like to be able to hide the url to the file. The sense of security breaks here in my opinion because the s2member jwplayer implementation really doesn’t take this into account because it’s geared to people who want to serve a downloadable link to a file, not to those who want to have the functionality of this configuration but don’t allow the file to be downloaded. How can we do this? I want my content to be protected when I’m streaming or using html fallback. The challenge is that the html fallback is necessary for mobile device playback. Your thoughts? Is there a way to work s2member to do this?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Feb 24th, 2012 at 4:02 pm #6321

Hi Luis.

I emailed Jason asking him about this, cause I understand it’s impossible to fully prevent someone from getting the video file if you’re loading it in the player, but I know it can be made hard to do.

I’ll wait for his input.

Posted: Friday Feb 24th, 2012 at 5:04 pm #6330

The only thing I can think of is allowing us to have the option to set the expiration time for the download link. I’ve used another plugin that does this. So if we set it to 60 seconds for example, then there’s less time to copy and paste the url or encrypting it to some level.. Thanks for your reply, I’m hopeful there may be a workable solution to this. Best,

-Luis

Posted: Monday Feb 27th, 2012 at 9:03 pm #6616
Staff Member

Closing this thread, in favor of the solution offered here:
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/cloudfront-and-rtmp-streaming-jw/#post-6601

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.