latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

URL specifics settings: sharing paypal PRO

Home Forums Community Forum URL specifics settings: sharing paypal PRO

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Dec 26th, 2012 at 12:38 pm #35500
ricarod
Username: ricarod

I’m working in a website where client will use paypal pro for both membership and shopping cart, so I wonder what would be the right values to set up as for “IPN URL” and other ‘url specific’ settings?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Dec 27th, 2012 at 3:17 pm #35567
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi there,

In Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® IPN Integration under More Information:

*Quick Tip* In addition to the default IPN settings inside your PayPal® account, the IPN URL is also set on a per-transaction basis by the special PayPal® Button Code that s2Member provides you with. In other words, if you have multiple sites operating on one PayPal® account, that’s OK. s2Member dynamically sets the IPN URL for each transaction. The result is that the IPN URL configured from within your PayPal® account, becomes the default, which is then overwritten on a per-transaction basis. In fact, PayPal® recently updated their system to support IPN URL preservation. One PayPal® account can handle multiple sites, all using different IPN URLs.

So if your other shopping cart needs to have the IPN URL set up differently, that’s okay. s2Member should override this on a per-transaction basis. The same goes for PayPal PDT.

Posted: Thursday Dec 27th, 2012 at 3:30 pm #35571
ricarod
Username: ricarod

Thanks for the info, so it sounds like I just have to set it up as s2members suggested by default and that’s it, right?

No other action required from me. Is this correct?

Posted: Thursday Dec 27th, 2012 at 3:46 pm #35580
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for the info, so it sounds like I just have to set it up as s2members suggested by default and that’s it, right?

No other action required from me. Is this correct?

Yes that’s correct. s2Member should work fine along with another plugin using PayPal’s IPN/PDT processes.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.