latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Use a site page for PayPal Auto-Return page

Home Forums Community Forum Use a site page for PayPal Auto-Return page

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  AnotherOpus 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jul 8th, 2013 at 4:25 pm #53126

Hello,

I just set up the PayPal® PDT Auto-Return Integration and saved all the token info etc.

When I saw the auto return page s2Member shows to a new subscriber I fell out of my chair in shock. I climbed back into my chair and clicked the link to see the page again. I fell down again.

It seems there is some mistake. The page was nothing from our site. It looked like a raw 1994 HTML page. Come on.

How can we use one of our own site pages to contain the auto-return page info from PayPal?

I’ll work on my falling down problem while s2member gives me the link to the REAL page where I can send my new subscribers so they don’t think they were ripped off by a junior high school class project.

Thank you,

Chris

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jul 10th, 2013 at 8:04 am #53213
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

How can we use one of our own site pages to contain the auto-return page info from PayPal?

s2Member Pro provides you with a success attribute in your Buttons and Pro Forms. With this you can send your Users to any URL after checkout.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Custom Return URLs Upon Success

For buttons: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained) -› Additional Shortcode Attributes (enabled by s2Member Pro)

Posted: Wednesday Jul 10th, 2013 at 8:21 am #53219

Hello Bruce,

Thank you for this info.

If I use a Thank You page, according to the info at…

s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Custom Return URLs Upon Success,

…what do I do about the PayPal® PDT Auto-Return Integration setups? Will there be a conflict?

And I looked at this page and section and I do not see anywhere to specify that s2Member should use a page such as thank-you.

I’m looking for the ability to have PayPal return a successful subscriber to a Thank You page, where we could have a generic message as well as use some of the common s2Member [ short codes].

Also, related to this, is there a way to send PayPal failures to a failure page? E.g. so that we can create a custom message for the ever so common Error # 36 message –which is meaningless to a would be subscriber, and leads to a small chain of emails with them each time.

Thank you,

Chris

Posted: Wednesday Jul 10th, 2013 at 8:26 am #53220
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

…what do I do about the PayPal® PDT Auto-Return Integration setups? Will there be a conflict?

No, s2Member first gets the information from PayPal, and then redirects to the URL specified. That’s the different between just changing the PDT URL and using the success attribute is that the User is originally sent back to s2Member’s return URL, and then redirected to your URL after their transaction is processed.

Also, related to this, is there a way to send PayPal failures to a failure page? E.g. so that we can create a custom message for the ever so common Error # 36 message –which is meaningless to a would be subscriber, and leads to a small chain of emails with them each time.

With errors like this, s2Member doesn’t ever receive any information for the transaction, from what I understand. The User is stopped before the transaction is completed. With s2Member’s Pro Forms, the User is given an error back from the Pro Form because PayPal rejects the transaction, but with Buttons s2Member doesn’t ever get involved in the transaction’s data, because it never completes, so there’s no way to send the User to a URL that’s different, because they are still at PayPal when the error occurs. Does that make sense?

Posted: Thursday Jul 11th, 2013 at 4:40 am #53275

Thank you Bruce,

How can we integrate the payment process so the users are not handed off to PayPal but instead remain on the site, in our pages?

We have a WooCommerce shop set up and we can do this with PayPal on the site.

This on site method makes it feel like a real site not just a half site that cannot process transactions and must instead present a button to go away and log into PayPal.

Our shop site process manages the entire login and transaction on site.

Chris

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.