latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Use s2member with wordpress + buiddypress

Home Forums Community Forum Use s2member with wordpress + buiddypress

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jun 21st, 2013 at 11:09 pm #52356
Julkie
Username: julienskinny

Hi, can anyone please tell me if its possible to use wordpress and buddypress on seperatre directories. for example i have wordpress on top domain and buddy press in /comminuty/ folder.

Multi site network is not an option as i was after simple integration or protection of the /community/ directory

Thank you
J

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jun 22nd, 2013 at 12:22 am #52365
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Multi site network is not an option as i was after simple integration or protection of the /community/ directory

Are you running BuddyPress in another installation of WordPress in the /community/ directory? If you are then the only way for s2Member to protect the content on this site is to install s2Member there too.

Posted: Saturday Jun 22nd, 2013 at 12:26 am #52367
Julkie

Hi, thank you for reply.

yes i am running it in another wordpress in /community/ directory, i have installed s2member their as well, but how do i connect the database so the members profiles are the same in top domain as in /community/ directory

Regards
J

Posted: Saturday Jun 22nd, 2013 at 12:32 am #52368
Bruce
Staff Member

yes i am running it in another wordpress in /community/ directory, i have installed s2member their as well, but how do i connect the database so the members profiles are the same in top domain as in /community/ directory

I’m not sure how you’d accomplish this, to be totally honest. It would be 300% easier to set this up if you were on a WordPress Multisite Network. I suppose you have a developer set something up with s2Member’s API Notifications + Remote Operations APIs to achieve what you’re looking to do.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications -› Registration Notifications
See Also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Remote Operations API

The problem with this is that Users that make changes to their profile on the main site without payment will not change the information on the other, and vice versa. I’m sorry for the inconvenience, s2Member is restricted to the ability of the WordPress site that you’re running it on.

Posted: Saturday Jun 22nd, 2013 at 12:38 am #52369
Julkie

Ok thank you, the main reason why i have it in a separate directory is because buddypress looks horrible unless its using its default theme…

Thanks Anyway

J

Posted: Saturday Jun 22nd, 2013 at 12:39 am #52370
Bruce
Staff Member

Ok thank you, the main reason why i have it in a separate directory is because buddypress looks horrible unless its using its default theme…

You can run a different theme on a subsite in a WordPress Multisite Network. It’s like having 2 sites, but they both run on the same database, so they can share Users.

Posted: Saturday Jun 22nd, 2013 at 12:42 am #52371
Julkie

I tried multisite network and it was just too hard to operate

Thanks
J

Posted: Saturday Jun 22nd, 2013 at 11:17 pm #52403

Maybe it’s less trouble to fix BuddyPress’ look in your main WP installation, where s2Member is. You could ask in the BP forums about this look problem you’re trying to solve. http://buddypress.org

s2Member doesn’t have a way to protect content outside the WordPress where it is. And synching two WP installations may be more trouble than fixing BP’s look.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.