latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

User Access to WP Backend

Home Forums Community Forum User Access to WP Backend

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Mar 7th, 2013 at 8:43 am #43950

Hi,

is it possible to give the registered User access to certain WP backend areas?

I want to write a plugin in which the user can add some additional date to his profile, since this requires some article like input (like creating a wordpress post with text styles and images), I think the best way to accomplish this is by writing a plugin so that I can use the common wordpress functionalities that already exists in the WP backend.

Until now I only found out how I can redirect the registered Users to pages I created, like the welcome page, but not how I can redirect the to the backend where they can only see/use the plugin I created.

I hope you understand my question.. :)

Best regards and thank you in advance!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Mar 7th, 2013 at 5:57 pm #44003
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Dirk,

I’m afraid you can’t do this by default with s2Member. You would need to modify roles and make your plugin make use of roles as well.

A role modifier that works well with s2member is the Capability Manager Enhanced plugin.

– Eduan

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.