latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

User API

Home Forums Community Forum User API

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jun 10th, 2013 at 10:15 pm #51728
tim Lester
Username: nuganics

Hell s2,
I am not sure if this plugin will do what I need.

I have a WordPress site that offers website apps (no downloads). s2member seems ideal for users to sign up and but not sure if it can handle the extras.

Basically they register as a wordpress user and given a unique API key. Each user can activate apps in their dashboard. So when they put the javaacript on their website or install wordpress plugin it calls up the API to see if they have activated or paid for that app.

I guess http://www.s2member.com/kb/building-an-api-notification-handler/ will work if there is only one app but what if there are multiple?

What if they stop paying for a app can http://www.s2member.com/kb/forcing-a-specific-demotion-role/ be used?

Maybe a separate API number is required per app?

Can s2member look after payments for apps as some are subscription and some are one-time and some are free?

Kind regards
Tim Lester

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jun 13th, 2013 at 8:20 pm #51915
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Tim,

While I can’t provide help with how to implement this, I can safely say that WordPress was not made to acomodate to this kind of usage.

For this kind of website it’s much easier and effective to not use WordPress, and instead of use Drupal, or better yet, your own system. :)

– Eduan

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.