latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

User export not working properly

Home Forums Community Forum User export not working properly

Tagged: 

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Chris Frishe 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jan 7th, 2013 at 1:10 pm #36470
Chris Frishe
Username: cfrishe

I use the export feature on a regular basis to create reports about new users on the system and it has worked great for over a year until December when it stopped working as expected. The system tells me that there are 5020 users in the system but when I try to export beyond 4955, I get a subset of users that does not go beyond 4955. It appears that all of the user data is actually in the DB, it is just not ordered the way the export script expects it to be so it is not pulling out the requested information.

Do you have any type of updated script I can use to resolve this issue (maybe pull users by registration date or the like)?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jan 8th, 2013 at 5:46 pm #36625

Hi Chris.

I’m going to forward this to Jason. Could you please send us the site info for him to review your installation? s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Tuesday Jan 8th, 2013 at 8:52 pm #36661
Staff Member

@ Chris Frishe

Thanks for reporting this important issue. I’m not aware of any limitations in this regard, so I would like to see this problem, as it occurs on your installation; so we can provide you with a resolution. Please submit a Dashboard login and FTP access privately using this form: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Friday Jan 18th, 2013 at 1:32 pm #38091
Chris Frishe

Thanks. I have sent through the information as requested. Let me know if you need anything else.

Posted: Saturday Jan 19th, 2013 at 3:38 pm #38324
Staff Member

Thanks for your patience.

~ Details received, but we were unable to access your Dashboard for the purpose of running diagnostics.

Posted: Saturday Jan 19th, 2013 at 4:35 pm #38334
Chris Frishe

It looks like the account did not take when I set it up initially. I have it set now but I think the PW is different from what I sent previously. How do you want me to get you the new PW?

Posted: Sunday Jan 20th, 2013 at 4:50 pm #38485
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

Please submit the updated information privately through this form.
See: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Thanks!

Posted: Sunday Jan 20th, 2013 at 5:15 pm #38492
Chris Frishe

The form has been submitted. Let me know if you have any other issues getting in.

Posted: Sunday Jan 20th, 2013 at 7:24 pm #38527
Staff Member

Details received. Thank you!

~ Investigating.

Posted: Sunday Jan 20th, 2013 at 7:57 pm #38530
Staff Member

Thanks for your patience.

I’ve taken a look at your server and found the following issue.
GZIP is great, but it’s not applicable when s2Member is delivering a file via PHP.

I’ve had your s2Member® installation updated to prevent this from occurring, by editing the following line inside: /s2member-pro/includes/classes/exports-in.inc.php at line #239

Changed:

header ("Content-Encoding:");

To:

header ("Content-Encoding: none");

This is really a hack to get it working with your server. It’s a common hack, but a hack still. There really is NOT a valid none token for this header, and that’s why s2Member® does not send it by default (it’s invalid). However, in scenarios where it’s absolutely required in order to bypass GZIP filters on your server, a value of none will do the job here. Unfortunately, you will need to make this change upon each update of the software. Or, configure your web server to interpret an empty Content-Encoding header as none.

I’m going to see if we can do something more, by accommodating this scenario dynamically in a future release. Please keep an eye on our Changelog for any improvements in this area.

Posted: Monday Jan 21st, 2013 at 9:17 am #38580
Chris Frishe

Thanks for the help. Were you able to export beyond line 4955? I just tried and the export result is as it was before. I see 4955 as the last item in a list but it does not contain any records beyond that line. Should I be exporting a different way now?

Posted: Wednesday Jan 23rd, 2013 at 2:27 am #39123
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

I just took another look at your installation. Yes, I can export all 5,053 Users on your installation without issue.

However, I see why there is confusion about this. If you attempt to match up the User IDs that come in the export file, with the database table row numbers that you’re exporting, it will not make sense. This is because MySQL database table rows are not always the same as User IDs.

If you export starting at table row #4955, you end up with 98 Users, which is correct. In the database, that is table row 4955 – 5053. In that particular export on your installation, the last User ID listed in the database is User ID 4955, which can be really confusing from a certain perspective.

In short, there’s not a bug or problem here. However there is a major point of confusion that I think we can resolve in the next maintenance by simply ordering the export query by User ID. I’m making a note of this, so we can have it updated in the next release.

Please let us know if any other questions/concerns :-)

Posted: Wednesday Jan 23rd, 2013 at 9:18 am #39160
Chris Frishe

Great, thanks. I will keep an eye out for the update.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.