latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

User Export: Special Characters & Col Order

Home Forums Community Forum User Export: Special Characters & Col Order

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jul 18th, 2013 at 9:44 am #53629
Epix Media
Username: epixmedia

Hi all, I have two issues with the user export I’m hoping we can resolve without me having to write my own export code…

The first is special characters. My client has lots of members from abroad. The special characters display fine on the website (such as “163 Rue Héna”) but come out odd on the export CSV (such as “163 Rue Héna”). Is it possible to stop this happening??

The second is to do with the order of the columns on my spreadsheet. They aren’t in the same order as in the settings, they seem to be alphabetical, can I change these to be in the correct order? My client is tired of having to reorder the columns in excel each time they export.

Cheers :)

Zoe

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jul 20th, 2013 at 5:59 am #53702

The first is special characters. My client has lots of members from abroad. The special characters display fine on the website (such as “163 Rue Héna”) but come out odd on the export CSV (such as “163 Rue Héna”). Is it possible to stop this happening??

Are you choosing UTF-8 encoding when opening the file? See this setting too: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export -› User/Member Exportation -> Add UTF-8 BOM (Byte Order Marker)[/hilite]

The second is to do with the order of the columns on my spreadsheet. They aren’t in the same order as in the settings, they seem to be alphabetical, can I change these to be in the correct order? My client is tired of having to reorder the columns in excel each time they export.

The current engine requires those columns to be in alphabetical order for now (we’ll change this in the future). See. http://www.s2member.com/kb/importing-updating-users/#custom-registration-profile-fields

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.