latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

User export

Home Forums Community Forum User export

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Dec 31st, 2012 at 3:55 am #35842

I know there are all kinds of issues with user export, but one thing I just noticed is something that I hope can be fixed easily.

When exporting, you need to export 250 at a time (I’d love to see that restriction removed) and you can export starting at a specific number. That number seems to be the database row number, not the user number. The problem with that is that if you delete users over time, there’s no way to figure out where to start exporting from. If I export my users in 250-user chunks, and later go back to export more, I can’t know what number to use to start exports from, if I’ve deleted users during that same period.

I’d just like to suggest you change the number being exported from to be the user ID number, and not the unknowable database row number.

Of course, I’d love to be able to export everything at once, to get the custom fields in their own rows, etc. but this request is simple, and I hope it can be done.

Thanks,

Philip

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jan 2nd, 2013 at 10:38 am #35991

Hi Philip.

I’ll forward your feature request to Jason. :)

Posted: Saturday Jan 5th, 2013 at 12:35 am #36214
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread.

I’ll accept this as a feature request. However, what you’re asking for defies the logic of existing versions of MySQL, the underlying database that powers WordPress. I’ll see what we can do though. Thanks!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.