latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

User import deleting spaces in username

Home Forums Community Forum User import deleting spaces in username

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Apr 1st, 2013 at 6:59 am #46268
Tom
Username: halasyt

Hi,
It looks like s2 is removing spaces in usernames when doing bulk user imports.
I guess this is a bug, please fix this.

For now, is it safe to go into PHPMyAdmin and manually enter spaces into the usernames where this is an issue, or will this mess something up?

Thanks
Tom

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Apr 1st, 2013 at 9:21 am #46271

Hi Tom.

It’s a WordPress thing. I tried creating a new user in WordPress with a space in the username, and it gave me this error:

Only lowercase letters (a-z) and numbers are allowed.

[hilite path]WP Admin -> Users -> Add New[/hilite]
Posted: Monday Apr 1st, 2013 at 9:26 am #46272
Tom
Username: halasyt

Hehe, that’s great, I’m just about done adding the space to the given usernames in the DB :-)

After I changed the first one and added the space, I tried logging in, and everything looked like it was working fine though, so I guess no harm done.

Posted: Monday Apr 1st, 2013 at 11:40 pm #46331

Ah ok. Well, I don’t know what complications it may cause in the future because it doesn’t follow the WP standard for the username, so keep that in mind if you need to debug a problem in the future.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.