latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

user import 'Invalid data received.'

Home Forums Community Forum user import 'Invalid data received.'

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Feb 28th, 2013 at 10:59 am #43414
David Beach
Username: dbeach

I am setting up a new version of our site on a subdomain, with the intention that we will replace the current version of the site once the new version is complete and tested. I have been asked to replicate the users of the current site to the new site. Both sites are using s2Member Pro for user management, and both sites are updated to the latest version of the plugin. I can export user data from the current site by selecting S2Member > Import/Export and using the form there to export a .csv file without problem. I cannot import this file into the new version of the site. When I attempt, I receive the message “Invalid data received. Please try again.” I have tried all the options available in the export, and nothing seems to work. Please help me get these users imported into the new site.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Mar 1st, 2013 at 10:43 am #43497
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello David,

Could you please share a user entry or two from the .csv file? Just so that we have an idea of what the problem might be?

– Eduan

Posted: Friday Mar 1st, 2013 at 4:20 pm #43530
David Beach

Hi and thanks, here are a couple lines from the csv file:

"ID","Username","Password","First Name","Last Name","Display Name","Email","Website","Role","Custom Capabilities","Registration Date","First Payment Date","Last Payment Date","Auto-EOT Date","Custom Value","Paid Subscr. ID","Paid Subscr. Gateway"
"1","tvbible","","","","tvbible","dbeach@bibleinteract.com","","administrator","","09/11/2012","a:2:{s:5:""level"";s:10:""1349326570"";s:6:""level4"";s:10:""1349326570"";}","","","","",""
"3","allan","","Allan","","Allan","user@example.com","","administrator","","09/18/2012","a:2:{s:5:""level"";s:10:""1347984864"";s:6:""level4"";s:10:""1347984864"";}","","","","",""
Posted: Friday Mar 1st, 2013 at 4:26 pm #43531
David Beach

I have removed a custom user field in hopes that this would allow the import process to work. This field was created using the User Meta Manager plugin. After removing this custom field and trying to import again, I receive the following error message for each user that the import attempts:

The following errors were encountered during importation:

Line #1. User ID# "ID" does NOT belong to an existing User.
    Line #2. User ID# 1 belongs to an Administrator. Bypassing this line for security.
    Line #3. User ID# 3 does NOT belong to an existing User.
Posted: Friday Mar 1st, 2013 at 5:06 pm #43535
David Beach

I was able to find other posts reporting this issue and by removing the user ID’s was able to successfully import the users. Thanks for your help.

Posted: Friday Mar 1st, 2013 at 10:38 pm #43559
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Glad you were able to solve the problem David. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.