latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

User migration from WP-Members to s2Member

Home Forums Community Forum User migration from WP-Members to s2Member

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Sep 26th, 2012 at 5:47 pm #26620
LG
Username: lg

Hello,
I’m an IT manager and I’ve hired a developer upgrade our web site which was using WP-Members plugin with Direct Post Method Api from Authorize.net to using s2Member. I was told this would be a very difficult task.

I assume that many people migrate previous databases of users into s2Member pretty often. Our site uses 30 day recurring billing. What I wanted to do is transfer all of our old users into the s2Member system, give them 30 days free access (to compensate them for the transition), after which their account would be deactivated unless they choose to start payment via s2Member methods (either paypal or authorize.net).

Is this is difficult task? Are there better ways of migrating users? Thank you.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Sep 27th, 2012 at 7:13 am #26675

Please read this article and let me know if it helps with what you want to do: Knowledge Base » How to Migrate to s2Member Pro from Other Software

If it’s not enough, please give me a bit more info on how you want to do the migration. :)

Posted: Thursday Sep 27th, 2012 at 5:42 pm #26745
LG

Thank you Cristan. That post is excellent.

If I don’t know their Subscr. ID or Gateway, can I import the users without it, give them 30 days to add a payment option and then change their level once they pay?

“Minimum required data

The minimum required data for s2Member importation is as follows:

Username
Email Address
However you’ll want to collect at least three more pieces of information to retain subscription information and define the users level within s2Member:

Paid Subscr. ID (this is the subscription ID, e.g., I-EUAVMMPD04HF)
Paid Subscr. Gateway (the payment gateway associated with this subscription ID, e.g., paypal)
s2Member Level (e.g., ‘2‘ for s2Member Level 2, or ‘0‘ for Free Subscriber)”

Posted: Friday Sep 28th, 2012 at 7:24 am #26820

If I don’t know their Subscr. ID or Gateway, can I import the users without it, give them 30 days to add a payment option and then change their level once they pay?

Yeah, you can leave those blank, but then nothing will update their access, because no gateway will be telling s2Member to demote that particular user after having failed a payment or cancelled the subscription.

You can set the EOT time when you import, which will trigger the Auto EOT Behavior in your settings. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior[/hilite]

If they’re logged in to their accounts, users can make a payment and that’ll update the existing account with the newly paid access instead of making him register a new account for it.

Does that help? :)

Posted: Friday Sep 28th, 2012 at 12:00 pm #26854
LG

Thank you Cristian. I think that is exactly the behavior I was hoping for. So the user will have a period of time where they have a trial membership after which they can use a new payment method to continue, right?

Posted: Saturday Sep 29th, 2012 at 7:42 am #26932

Right. :)

You can have a conditional in the Login Welcome page, that shows the payment options to those at Level 0, for example, so they upgrade to Level 1. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals[/hilite]

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.