latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

User option to choose landing page

Home Forums Community Forum User option to choose landing page

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  David Welch 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Feb 12th, 2012 at 11:59 am #4899

I have gone to S2member>General Options>Login Welcome Page and entered a redirection URL of http://mydomain.com/members/%%current_user_login%%/profile/edit/group/2. This is a little nudge to have members fill out a complete profile. I didn’t want to bother them with it at registration.

However, I don’t want them to land here every time they sign in. Does anyone know of a plugin or method that would allow the member to select which Buddypress area they will see upon login? Or is there a way I can have them hit the edit profile page on initial login but Activity on subsequent logins?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Feb 13th, 2012 at 10:07 pm #4983
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

Well, I don’t know if there is a plugin, but you could write a fairly simple script that reads the following variables:

%%current_user_login%% - username
%%current_user_logins%% - number of times the user has logged in.

Maybe a link like this:
http://yoursite.com/members/login-redirect.php?username=%%current_user_login%%&logins=%%current_user_logins%%

Then your php page could do something like this:

$username = $_GET['username'];
$logins = $_GET['logins'];

if($logins > 1){
//redirect to secondary page (you could add a function here to check a member's 
//option setting if you integrated that as mentioned in your post.
}
else {
//redirect to the profile page.
}

Something like that. lol :)

Dave

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.