latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

User Referral Questions

Home Forums Community Forum User Referral Questions

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Monte Goulding 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Feb 28th, 2012 at 2:11 pm #6677

Hi –

Currently I have a subscription site set up using S2Member (free version.) We take in yearly recurring subscriptions of $99.99 a year. I’d like to set up a referral system that tracks user referrals. Something like every four members referred gets you a free second year subscription. I know that S2Member Pro has referral functionality, but would it be possible to do this? If so, I’d buy in a heart beat. We are looking to do a large launch in the next couple days so the sooner I get an answer the better. Thanks for your help and building such a great membership system.

-Evan

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Feb 29th, 2012 at 5:02 am #6748

Hi Evan.

No, s2Member doesn’t have this feature. That said, you could probably customize it using an affiliate management solution in combination with s2Member.

You may want to look at the Tracking and Notifications APIs. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBF914EDFF37EC3E9

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Feb 29th, 2012 at 7:47 pm #6827
Monte Goulding
Username: monte

I want to do a similar thing. I’m not using subscriptions and I don’t think this will work for that case.

What I’m thinking is I would need a form to enter emails to send the referral or at least generate a referral url. This url when clicked would take people to my site and set a cookie with the original user’s id. This would then be used as the cv1 value in the buy now button. The signup notification would then send the cv1 variable as a parameter to a script that added time to the original user’s EOT. I’ll need to work out how to best edit the EOT, probably direct in the wordpress db would be simplest.

Cheers

Monte

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.