latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

User Signup Email Not Sending

Home Forums Community Forum User Signup Email Not Sending

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jeff Chromy 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 2:23 am #49565
Jeff Chromy
Username: realguys

Hello,

We have our billing signup through CCBill and we have previously tested our user signup and it was working fine, but now when we test it, the users are receiving emails when we register them directly from s2member, but not when they sign up through CCBill. I just got off the phone with CCBill and I confirmed that all the information is ok on their end and also confirmed that the CCBill info we have in s2member is correct.

I just enabled logging, but am not familiar enough with the code to see where it might be going wrong. Could you please assist? We’ve tried multiple emails for the sender, initially thinking that the emails were getting blocked by the ISPs, but now we see they go through, but just not when it’s a CCBill signup.

Thanks,
Jeff

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 2:54 am #49569
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

We’ve tried multiple emails for the sender, initially thinking that the emails were getting blocked by the ISPs, but now we see they go through, but just not when it’s a CCBill signup.

When you say “CCBill signup” what you do you mean by this? All transactions should be done through an s2Member Button/Pro Form. Are you using a ccBill Shortcode?

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Buttons -› Membership Level # Buttons

Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 3:06 am #49570
Jeff Chromy

Yes, we are using the s2member shortcode for the CCBill button.

Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 3:29 am #49571
Bruce
Staff Member

Could you please post the shortcode you’re using?

Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 12:05 pm #49594
Jeff Chromy

Sure, here you go. The only thing that changed between our successful tests and these is that I added custom images to the shortcode buttons. We also upgraded to WP 3.5.1. Let me know what you think, thanks.

[s2Member-Pro-ccBill-Button level=”1″ ccaps=”” desc=”Recurring Member / $9.95 monthly” cc=”USD” custom=”www.realguys-realsex.com” ta=”0″ tp=”0″ tt=”D” ra=”9.95″ rp=”1″ rt=”M” rr=”1″ image=”http://www.realguys-realsex.com/assets/Join-Now-Recurring.png” output=”anchor” /]

[s2Member-Pro-ccBill-Button level=”2″ ccaps=”” desc=”Non-Recurring Member / $14.95 for one month” cc=”USD” custom=”www.realguys-realsex.com” ta=”0″ tp=”0″ tt=”D” ra=”14.95″ rp=”1″ rt=”M” rr=”0″ image=”http://www.realguys-realsex.com/assets/Join-Now-Non-Recurring.png” output=”anchor” /]

Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 7:28 pm #49637
Jeff Chromy

Hey there, just checking back on this. Let me know of you have any suggestions or need more info, thanks.

Posted: Friday May 10th, 2013 at 1:11 am #49664
Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for the information.

This shortcode seems to be okay. We’ll need to take a look at your log files to see what’s going on here. Do you have logging enabled? If so, please send us a Dashboard login so we can take a look at them via Private Contact Form.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Log Files (Debug) -› Logging Configuration

See Also: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Saturday May 11th, 2013 at 5:38 am #49732
Jeff Chromy

Hello, checking back to see if there are any updates on this since I sent the dashboard. Let me know if you were able to find the issue or if you need any more info from me.

Thank you,
Jeff

Posted: Monday May 13th, 2013 at 3:04 pm #49836
Jeff Chromy

One other note on this. Let me know if you want me to add you as a tester on our CCBill account. I’ll just need your IP address range and the testing email and then I can add you and send you the test card info.

I believe the logging has only been turned on completely for a couple of tests, so let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,
Jeff

Posted: Monday May 13th, 2013 at 3:38 pm #49848
Bruce
Staff Member

Details Received.

I’m taking a look now.

Posted: Monday May 13th, 2013 at 3:42 pm #49849
Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for your patience.

I took a look at your logs and it’s only showing a few tests. I see that the tests that have been done were done while logged in with an administrator account, so we’re just getting errors about the fact that s2Member cannot change an Administrator account. Would you mind doing a test transaction without causing this error so we can take a better look?

Posted: Tuesday May 14th, 2013 at 2:34 am #49910
Jeff Chromy

Hey Bruce,

Wow, looks like that was the problem. As soon as I logged out of the administrator account, the test went through perfectly. Thank you!!

One other question while I have a thread open, though — How do I edit the interim system pages (like the link that’s in the CCBill confirmation email that’s a really generic “check your email” message)? See below for the copy…

[ http://www.realguys-realsex.com ] says…
Thank you! (you MUST check your email before proceeding).

* Note: It can take (up to 15 minutes) for Email Confirmation with important details. If you don’t receive email confirmation in the next 15 minutes, please contact Support.

I’d like to do a custom html page more in the style of our site. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Jeff

Posted: Wednesday May 15th, 2013 at 6:42 pm #50033
Bruce
Staff Member

I’d like to do a custom html page more in the style of our site. Let me know what you think.

This section of the Dashboard goes over all of the information there is on this.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Options -› Approval/Denial URLs

Posted: Thursday May 16th, 2013 at 12:40 am #50044
Jeff Chromy

Cool, thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.