latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

%%user_id%% in Signup Confirmation Email

Home Forums Community Forum %%user_id%% in Signup Confirmation Email

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Mar 5th, 2013 at 12:51 am #43735

I am used s2Member Pro with a Authorize.net Pro-Forms. And there we are using the Signup Confirmation Email function (/wp-admin/admin.php?page=ws-plugin–s2member-pro-authnet-ops) everything is fine but we can not implement the %%user_id%% in the email that the person receives. It is not in the Replacement Codes for that function but i was wondering if there is a way i can add it to the email with a Replacement Code?
please let me know if this is possible and how i can do that!

thanks for you hard work!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Mar 6th, 2013 at 7:19 pm #43914
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Anton,

I can certainly ask Jason to add this. :)

However if it’s not there it’s probably for a reason. Most probably it’s not there because the payment is processed before the user is registered, so there’s no user ID yet.

– Eduan

Posted: Wednesday Mar 6th, 2013 at 11:36 pm #43931

Hello thanks for your reply.
Can you please let me know for sure if this is the case? and if i can add it myself before waiting for the next update please let me know the proper hook for it.
Seems like that the other fields like the subscription iD and all that stuff is also assigned after the registration… and even the feature is called Signup Confirmation Email.
So please let me know if there is a way to do that.
Thanks a bunch!

Posted: Thursday Mar 7th, 2013 at 7:16 am #43942

Hi Anton.

I don’t know if the user ID is available there yet. You could try the [hilite mono]ws_plugin__s2member_signup_email_msg[/hilite] hook and check the array of defined vars that is available to you with it.

But the user account has been created when the New User email gets sent, though. Wouldn’t that email work for what you want? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Email Configuration -> New User[/hilite]

I hope that helps.

Posted: Friday Mar 8th, 2013 at 11:46 pm #44135

We asked Jason about it and here’s something he suggested:

It’s not something we can standardize in the current release because that email is often sent without having any User ID yet.

In the latest release of s2Member you can use PHP tags in email messages. If you want to test this for yourself (even in the current release), inside your email body do this:

[hilite pre_code]

[/hilite]

Of course you’ll need to add a conditional to see if you actually have a user ID available and adjust the message based on that.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Saturday Mar 9th, 2013 at 12:03 am #44137

thank you very much i surely will try that.

Posted: Saturday Mar 9th, 2013 at 12:07 am #44138

Cool. :)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.