latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

User/Member Export appears garbled/encrypted

Home Forums Community Forum User/Member Export appears garbled/encrypted

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Nov 11th, 2012 at 9:34 pm #31269

I exported the members registered on my website. When I tried opening the file with Excel 2010 on Win 7 and I get an error that the file is in an unrecognizable format. When I click OK on the error window, it shows the data in the file in a garbled / encrypted format. I searched through the forums and followed instructions to modify line 236 in the export-in-inc.php file to

header ("Content- Encoding: none");

But that only ended up giving several errors when I tried to create the export again. I am in urgent need of providing the export for my client and am hoping that as a pro member, I will receive prompt response.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Nov 12th, 2012 at 8:11 am #31298

Hi Nirmal.

When you did that edit, what errors did you get?

Also, have you tried opening the file in OpenOffice Calc instead of MS Office Excel?

If using OO Calc doesn’t help, could you send the login info so I take a look at the export? s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.