latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Users not receiving welcome email/ password

Home Forums Community Forum Users not receiving welcome email/ password

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Mar 8th, 2012 at 12:53 pm #7628

Hi guys,

This is a sudden problem – it was working fine as of Monday.

I opened the site up to a few people, and now all of a sudden no welcome emails or [knitPad] New User Registration emails are being sent out.

I tried going through the steps outlined here: http://www.s2member.com/kb/troubleshooting-email-delivery-problems/

I do have the email logger setup, and emails are being captured there:

I tried installing WP Mail SMTP Plugin, and when that didn’t work, I tried Configure SMTP plugin. Both gave me the same fatal error message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class SMTP in /home/vashte/knitpad.com/wp-admin/class-smtp.php on line 49

Totally at my wits end, and I have users trying to register. My only workaround right now is to manually set a password on the backend, and email that to them since I don’t think S2member sends out a password reset notice…?

I also have the s2-member-logs entries if that is needed.

Thanks!

V

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Mar 9th, 2012 at 3:41 am #7695

Hi Vashte.

Where emails working properly before? Did you change something recently?

Yes, please post the related log entries x’ing out private info (e.g. email addresses).

Have you tested deactivating other plugins one by one and trying to reproduce the problem after each?

Posted: Friday Mar 9th, 2012 at 8:42 pm #7820

Emails were working properly before, which was strange.

Crisis averted for now, the email address under WordPress’ Settings->General was not set to an email on the same domain as the site. It was a gmail address. But that still doesn’t explain why it worked for weeks, and then decided to stop working once real customers hit the site! Oh well. Thanks!

Posted: Friday Mar 9th, 2012 at 9:47 pm #7824

Who knows why that caused a problem, but I’m glad you fixed it. I hope it doesn’t give you trouble again. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.