latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Users subscribed as "Subscribers", not Level1

Home Forums Community Forum Users subscribed as "Subscribers", not Level1

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Jul 28th, 2012 at 1:03 pm #20550

Hello …

I’ve set up a PayPal button to have new subscribers sign up as s2M Level 1 users. But once they pay and register their username and password, they’re signed up as subscribers instead of Level 1 members. Therefore, they’re blocked from seeing the Level 1 premium content after they’ve logged in. I only really have one level of membership (either members or not), so I tried generating a level 2 button instead, but it gave me the same problem.

Here’s the shortcode generated for the PayPal button:

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="2" ccaps="" desc="RISE Above one-year membership" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="riseaboveindiana.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="15" rp="1" rt="Y" rr="0" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]

Am I doing something wrong or do I possibly have something set up wrong? Let me know what you think!

Thanks … Matt

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Jul 29th, 2012 at 6:48 am #20588

Hi Matt.

Could you show us your logs, please? s2Member® » Private Contact Form

If you don’t have any, please enable logging and run a test transaction so it gets logged and then send them, please. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Logging[/hilite]

Thanks!

Posted: Sunday Jul 29th, 2012 at 1:49 pm #20619

That figures … I struggled with this and tried several different ideas and now that I’ve sent a help request about it, it’s working. Isn’t that the way??? :)

Thanks, Cristian, for checking in on my question on the weekend, and if I have any other trouble, I’ll let you know!

Matt

Posted: Sunday Jul 29th, 2012 at 11:18 pm #20639

lol, that’s happened to me too! I know what you mean. :)

It’s good it’s working now. Keep logging enabled in case it happens again, and then we’ll have entries we can use to diagnose what the problem may be.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.