latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Using Custom Fields

Home Forums Community Forum Using Custom Fields

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Oct 16th, 2012 at 9:03 am #28523
Nancy Boyle
Username: NancyB

I have just started using the Free S2Member and am considering upgrading. Great product!

I want to know more about using the custom fields you allow to be added to the member registration form that become part of the user’s account.

I have a site where I use Gravity Forms for members to create posts for events, news, jobs, etc. The forms create the posts. The Gravity Forms allow me to bypass the WP Post interface so that members get a very simple form.

In some of the forms I have fields for the members profile ‘Name’ ‘About author’ sort of thing.

My question is, can I pre-populate these fields with the logged in Members matching information ‘Name, About’ etc?

Gravity forms has a ‘default value’ field. There is a drop-down to populate with the WP defaults such as User Name, Email. But, I want to use the user custom fields I create for the S2Member Registration.

Any experience with this?
Thank you, Nancy

• This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by  Cristián Lávaque. Reason: Moved to the Customer Support forum

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Oct 17th, 2012 at 7:31 am #28657

Hi Nancy.

I have no experience with Gravity Forms. If it allows you to enter PHP or shortcodes, that would make simpler:

[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› PHP/API Constants[/hilite]
http://www.s2member.com/codex/stable/s2member/api_functions/package-functions/#src_doc_get_user_field()

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.