latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Using PayPal, Google & Authorize.Net Together

Home Forums Community Forum Using PayPal, Google & Authorize.Net Together

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Dec 9th, 2012 at 8:22 am #34047
Ganaxi
Username: ganaxi

Hi,

I am using Authorize.Net with my Merchant Account, and have added PayPal and Google Checkout as also options, in case certain users prefer to pay that way.

Since I am already accepting credit/debit cards (V,MC,Disc,Amex) through my Merchant Account, I only want to allow PayPal payments to go via the PayPal buttons. Two questions, (1) is that standard operating practice, or should I allow all forms of payment via PayPal, (2) if possible, how do I disable all non-PayPal payments via the PayPal gateway.

With Google Checkout, one has to use the credit/debit cards. However, is it common to offer it (or for that matter all three)?

Thanks for your opinions.

Ganaxi

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Dec 9th, 2012 at 3:09 pm #34070
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Ganaxi,

You should really only need to use PayPal, or a mixture of PayPal and one other payment gateway, as Authorize.Net and Google Checkout, etc. only take credit card payments.

Offering using a PayPal account, and having something like Google Checkout or Authorize.Net can be good practice.

(

2) if possible, how do I disable all non-PayPal payments via the PayPal gateway.

You can check out info on this here: Pre Sale FAQs » What if I don’t want to accept Maestro/Solo?

You will just want to take out *all* of the credit cards.

Posted: Sunday Dec 9th, 2012 at 5:10 pm #34078
Ganaxi

Hi Bruce,

I tried the following modification to the PayPal shortcode. It did not work, as PayPal loaded an error page, saying to go back to the originating website.

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="" desc="xxxyyyzzz" ps="paypalxyz" accept="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.xyz.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="20" rp="3" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /][/raw]

What am I missing here?

Thanks,

Ganaxi

Posted: Monday Dec 10th, 2012 at 7:28 am #34123

You’re missing the [hilite mono]accept_via_paypal="paypal"[/hilite] attribute.

With Google Checkout, one has to use the credit/debit cards. However, is it common to offer it (or for that matter all three)?

Not common from what I’ve seen site owners mention, but still possible. The problem would be that you can’t mix thm in a single pro-form, and you can only have a single pro-form in a page, so for the extra payment gateways you’d have links that take the person t othe other page with that gateaway.

Posted: Monday Dec 10th, 2012 at 10:54 am #34143
Ganaxi

Hi Cristian,

I thought it was the accept=”paypal” that did that, from the link that Bruce indicated above.

However, I tried both, separately and together, and all three ways tried still allow payment via CC using paypal.

Also, I am right now offering all three methods of payment, Authorize, Google and PayPal, but all on the same page — as in the example from the link below. Let me know if there is a mistake there. Also, you can check the PayPal button there, it includes both shortcode attributes mentioned above.
https://www.gurufundpicks.com/memberpurchase-basicmember

Thanks,

Ganaxi

Posted: Tuesday Dec 11th, 2012 at 6:53 am #34219

Also, I am right now offering all three methods of payment, Authorize, Google and PayPal, but all on the same page — as in the example from the link below. Let me know if there is a mistake there. Also, you can check the PayPal button there, it includes both shortcode attributes mentioned above.
https://www.gurufundpicks.com/memberpurchase-basicmember

I couldn’t load the page you linked to… Could you post here the shortcodes you’re using in it?

However, I tried both, separately and together, and all three ways tried still allow payment via CC using paypal.

Both attributes should be used. You’d just give PayPal as the option for payment in the pro-form, which means the person would checkout through Express Checkout, but it doens’t limit what the person can pay with over there. The attributes determine the payment methods in the pro-form, not in Express Checkout. Once in checkout he’d be able to pay with funds from his PayPal account or, if it’s a Buy Now transaction, with a card.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.