latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

using PayPal website Payments standard

Home Forums Community Forum using PayPal website Payments standard

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Jan 5th, 2013 at 12:12 am #36209
Peter Evans
Username: evanspj

Hello,

I would like to use s2Member with PayPal Website Payments standard so people can pay with their PayPal account or credit card (without setting up a PayPal account). Is this possible with the free version of s2Member? Is it possible with s2Pro?

If I need to buy s2Pro do I need to purchase PayPal Pro to accept Credit Card payments? Is there another payment processor that will allow me to accept credit card payments without buying another package?

Your assistance is appreciated,
Peter

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jan 5th, 2013 at 5:36 am #36236

Hi Peter.

If you sell Buy Now transactions, then you can use the free s2Member with PayPal Standard, or s2Member Pro with Express Checkout. Buy Now won’t require the user to login to his account, he’ll have the option to pay with a card.

If you’re selling a subscription, though, the user will be required to login to his account, unless you get PayPal Pro with DPRP to sell subscriptions on your site and the user not be required to login to PayPal. The free s2Member doesn’t support PayPal Pro, but s2Member Pro does.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Sunday Jan 6th, 2013 at 5:21 pm #36400
Peter Evans
Username: evanspj

Cristian,

Thanks for your reply.

At this stage I really don’t want to purchase PayPal Pro (with the monthly fee) but I do want to:
* allow people to pay with Credit card without needing to establish a PalPay account and
* to be able to sell a subscription so they get a warning from my site before their next payment is due.

What are my options for doing this?

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

Peter

Posted: Tuesday Jan 8th, 2013 at 7:55 pm #36646
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Peter,

At this stage I really don’t want to purchase PayPal Pro (with the monthly fee) but I do want to:
* allow people to pay with Credit card without needing to establish a PalPay account and
* to be able to sell a subscription so they get a warning from my site before their next payment is due.

The only way that you can accept payments through PayPal with credit cards without having your users sign in with PayPal is if:

1) You have s2Member Pro with Express Checkout enabled at PayPal
AND
2) You are not using recurring subscriptions

So this will not work for you without PayPal Pro, which does allow all of this to work correctly.

I would personally recommend setting up one of the Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Other Gateways that are available with s2Member to accept credit cards. It sounds as though Authorize.net would work fine for you. You can then add a PayPal button as well to accept payment through PayPal, instead of incorporating everything into PayPal’s processes.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.