latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Using shortcode conditionals

Home Forums Community Forum Using shortcode conditionals

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Feb 14th, 2013 at 3:24 pm #41715
Ganaxi
Username: ganaxi

Hi,

I have been exploring as in the question in the thread below,
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/online-visitor-redirect/

directing non-logged in users, and visitors with non-membership rights to landing pages, where I can have a customized message to help convert them into registered users or members.

An alternative seems to be to use shortcode conditionals in the page that is restricted.

So, right now I have restricted all membership pages based on page-level restriction, and that has been working well.

Restricting based on shortcode conditionals would mean that I would be opening up those pages, actually all pages to my entire site, to non-logged in visitors and members alike. Then using the top-half of the page as a landing page for visitors that are not logged in, and then restricting the bottom half that has the premium content based on membership level.

I just want to make sure prior to doing that the restriction would work as well with this method, as it has done with restriction with page level restriction.

Could someone on the support team please verify that?

And if there is a more elegant solution to having non-logged in visitors directed to landing pages, as I have referred to in the thread linked at the top of this message, please also let me know.

Thanks,

Ganaxi

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Feb 15th, 2013 at 7:51 am #41864
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

I replied to your other topic here.
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/online-visitor-redirect/#post-41860

Yes, the use of Simple Shortcode Conditionals would also work just fine for you.
See: Knowledge Base » Simple Shortcode Conditionals

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.