latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Very confused about bbPress

Home Forums Community Forum Very confused about bbPress

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Randall Hardy 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Aug 30th, 2012 at 1:21 pm #23602

I am setting up my membership site and want to have an integrated forum that does not make members sign in again to participate in the forum. Given that parameter, it seems that bbPress is the only option when using s2member.

Here’s my confusion:
It says on the Integration page in the s2member set up area that “Note, it is currently NOT possible to protect a Forum, and have all Topics inside that Forum protected automatically.”

So, basically this means that I have to protect every single topic individually? What about when members create new topics, how are they protected? I am not sure exactly what s2member does then except for allow the login to work. What am I missing?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Aug 30th, 2012 at 1:30 pm #23605
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Kim,

In order to block this kind of system is to use URI restrictions, which is currently the only way. You can find them under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› URI Access Restrictions.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 11:12 am #23709

I was puzzled by this too. Could we have a basic example?
In the URI for a topic, there is no indication of the forum, so how do we match that?

Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 11:42 am #23716
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Peter,

Could you please provide an example of the URL you’re trying to protect? Thanks.

Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 11:47 am #23717

This will have to wait a bit. I tried it in a beta installation that i tossed.
basically any topic looked like /topics/topic/topic-slug (as far as I remember).

Posted: Thursday Sep 13th, 2012 at 3:03 pm #25207

Kim Dushinki wrote:

Here’s my confusion:
It says on the Integration page in the s2member set up area that “Note, it is currently NOT possible to protect a Forum, and have all Topics inside that Forum protected automatically.”

Eduan replied:

In order to block this kind of system is to use URI restrictions, which is currently the only way. You can find them under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› URI Access Restrictions

My question: Is a forum integrated with with bbPress and S2Member fully protected or not? Not sure reading these posts.

Thanks!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.