latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Very Poor Support

Home Forums Community Forum Very Poor Support

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  John Cook 3 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jan 5th, 2014 at 7:17 am #62450
John Cook
Username: wisehippo

I just wanted to vent a little anger and warn people who may be thinking about buying into S2M Pro and say that I am pretty appalled by S2 Members’ support.

Someone called Cassel tried to help me on Friday on this user forums ( thank you Cassel ) just after I submitted a direct support email. I have now spent 3 days….YES THREE days trying to sorted this problem and still no help for support…I though as a Pro user I might gt some help.

I and in no way a power-user, I have had some success using S2M even though it is not a straight forward syatem to implement and have never asked for much help

Be warned!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Jan 5th, 2014 at 12:22 pm #62452
Jim Sutton
Username: jsutton

Thank you for the warning. I was considering upgrading to find answers due to the lack of support here and general documentation.

I guess the support is no better after you upgrade, therefore why consider it?

Posted: Sunday Jan 5th, 2014 at 5:30 pm #62461
John Cook

They are not bad people but I feel that they do not really appreciate that their software is not that easy to use for a non coder/techie Their documentation and video tutorials are good but that doesn’t mean that everyone can use it.

All I really wanted this weekend is some support on an issue – that was one reason for going PRO. They have agreed that there IS a problem (S2 is not doing what is should even at their end) but have offered me no resolution or more help than that.

If /when you find an alternative Membership solution I would be interested to know. I am looking at WPMUdev’s Membership – not as big a package ($19) but it might work for me. I have bought it am trialling it now…not because I want to, hell I’ve got s2M set up an running an everything and could well do without having to learn another system, but because of the bad support I need to find a resolution…Clients are not interested in my problems they just want the job done. I have probably wasted about £1000 in time over the last three or four days…I can’t afford that!

Let me know what you find Jim

All the best

Posted: Monday Jan 6th, 2014 at 3:35 pm #62468

3 days? That’s not a very long time. The documentation is very complete. There is more than enough info to set up a basic membership site included plus you have this forum for more advanced stuff.

What was you trying to do?

I am just a customer to but trust me, S2 is the best you will get by far. =)

Posted: Monday Jan 6th, 2014 at 4:25 pm #62470
John Cook

3 Days is a long time when you have Clients breathing down your neck. I’d be happy to pay for premium support if I could get help immediately!

I’ve set up a Membership site and S2M has been ‘ok’ for me overall. It is very intricate and nowhere near as user friendly as I expected.

What am I trying to do?

• 1. http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/membership-levels-content-by-ccaps/
    Even S2M Support have got back to me and said that they are having the same issue when they try what I am doing their end! Still not resolve though.
  • 2.http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/redirect-to-separate-pages-on-log-in/
    This seem like a no-brainer. How do I use the standard ‘welcome’ to have Membership Levels/ccaps pages with different menus, sidebar layouts and adverts etc. A simple’ re-direct to this page on log in’ option feels to me…very much a non-techie…like the obvious, sensible solution! I have currently got a welcome page split using conditionals for three membership levels but have run into issue now as I need to split one of the levels using ccaps. See 1 above.

I am interested to hear your feedback and thanks for taking the time to reply Gary

John

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.