latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

W3 total cache issues?

Home Forums Community Forum W3 total cache issues?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Chris Shelby 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Aug 25th, 2012 at 3:11 am #23027

Are there any known issues with w3 total cache? It would seem to me that a premium user could cause premium content to be cached and displayed to regular visitor. Am I wrong?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Aug 25th, 2012 at 2:46 pm #23066
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Charles,

That’s correct, there are issues with W3 Total Cache if you have object caching enabled if I’m not mistaken, check this post for more info: http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=29559#p29559

You can use Quick Cache which works perfectly with s2Member.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Saturday Aug 25th, 2012 at 3:50 pm #23085

So, there are no known issues once I disable object caching?

Posted: Saturday Aug 25th, 2012 at 4:01 pm #23086
Eduan
Username: Eduan

I suppose so, although if you get any strange problems in your website, make sure the first thing you try is disabling W3 Total Cache.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Apr 25th, 2013 at 10:49 am #48368

I have an issue with w3 cache and s2member membership options page and generally they don’t play nice together when trying to find the active user logged in. I added define(‘DONOTCACHEPAGE’, true);

to my membership options page because it kept using a cached version of the page and wouldn’t recognize the logged in user. I think it worked but it’s been a major hassle.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.