latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Want to use WP default profile

Home Forums Community Forum Want to use WP default profile

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Mar 11th, 2013 at 4:13 pm #44278

In s2Member General Options, Member Profile Modifications, I have the Redirect set to No (keep WP default). But when a logged-in member clicks on the WP Edit My Profile link (in the upper right corner of the website), the user gets kicked to the Registration Form and not to the Profile page. I also tried including the profile link on the membership page and get the same results. How do I make sure that members can use the default WP profile page and not s2Member’s?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 8:51 am #44478

Hi Jennifer.

If you deactivate s2Member, does the link to the profile work? And with s2Member active, have you tried deactivating other plugins and testing after each to see what happens? What about the theme, have you tried the default one? There may be a conflict somewhere that’s causing the redirection. Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Are you testing this while logged out, logged in to your admin account or to a regular account? It should be the latter.

What’s the link to the profile page? /wp-admin/profile.php?

Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 9:45 am #44485

Thanks for replying. I upgraded to s2Member Pro. Using s2Member Pro Forms now and dispensed with the Welcome page. I set up my client’s membership site so that when members log in, they go directly into the WordPress Dashboard (which I had to modify). But my client wanted members to upload a photo (not a gravatar) and I could not find a way to do that using s2Member’s profile page.

This is the one big request I would have for future release of s2Member – find a way to allow members to upload a photo to the s2Member profile page!

Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 10:13 am #44490

Got it. Added the request to our list. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.