latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Way to enforce strong passwords?

Home Forums Community Forum Way to enforce strong passwords?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Mark Gray 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Apr 15th, 2013 at 5:16 pm #47523

Even with the Enforce Strong password plugin installed, a new user can register and get in with a weak password through the S2 registration page. Is there a way to require new users to create a better password?
Please advise. Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Apr 15th, 2013 at 9:54 pm #47568
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

s2Member currently uses the default WordPress password restrictions. If you’d like to enhance these features you’ll need to get a developer to integrate with s2Member. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 16th, 2013 at 11:53 am #47609

Given what’s going on with all the brute force attacks right now and the fact that this kind of thing will probably only continue, I would think that this is something that you guys would consider integrating.

I also think that the WP core should do a better job, but at least there are plugins that work.

Thanks for your answer.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 16th, 2013 at 2:46 pm #47611
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for your suggestion.

I’ll take it up with our development team.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 23rd, 2013 at 3:18 am #48155
Mark Gray
Username: markgray

I just want to support this idea. I’m currently trying to find ways of doing this and it seems like such an obvious need in a membership site.

Cheers <ark

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.