latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Ways of bouncing people off protected content

Home Forums Community Forum Ways of bouncing people off protected content

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jul 12th, 2012 at 4:06 pm #19068

Greetings,

Is there a support resource or documentation you can refer me to which will help me (a brand-new s2member user) learn the different ways I can set up my site to handle instances where someone without access rights is “bounced” off protected content? Ideally, I’d like to take them to a page that politely explains that they do not have access to that content, but they can get access by becoming a member. Thank you for any guidance you can offer on this.

Best,
Charlie P.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jul 12th, 2012 at 4:25 pm #19071
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Charlie,

This functionality of s2Member is included in the membership options page.

The users will be redirected to this page when they try to access content that they shouldn’t.

You can find more information under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Membership Options Page and in this video:
Video » s2Member / General Options Overview

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Jul 12th, 2012 at 5:10 pm #19076

Eduan,

Is there any way to customize this functionality? Ideally, we would want to send those who have NO MEMBERSHIP at all to one page which explains that they need to be a member, and then offers them the ability to purchase a membership. For those who ARE MEMBERS, but are attempting to access content that their membership level does not have access to, we’d like to re-direct those members to a page which explains that they don’t have access, but can upgrade their membership level so that they can access that upper-level content.

Is this type of customization available, or does s2member simply bounce ALL PEOPLE 9regardless if they are members or not) to the same generic page?

Thank you.

Posted: Thursday Jul 12th, 2012 at 5:39 pm #19078
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Charlie,

You can use s2Member conditionals in order to to this.

You can find them under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals.

Hope this helps. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.