latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Weekly access based on coupon

Home Forums Community Forum Weekly access based on coupon

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Feb 4th, 2013 at 8:00 pm #40800

We use S2members for our newspaper’s website, which gives paid members (subscribers) bonus content in addition to a ton of free content.
I would like to have a password of the week (coupon/free trial) that someone could enter for complete access. The user would not need any registration, just the secrete word of the week that we would publish in our newspaper (we still want people to buy a newspaper).
I understand conceptually how this could work (enter code word, cookie placed on user, access unveiled) but I can’t find anywhere in S2 that explains this type of coupon use.
Can S2 work without someone registering or logging in?
This would work in concert to our typical online subscribers that pay for access using S2.
And I truly searched hard for this answer to no avail.

BTW: the relevant topics that popped up based on my subject line in this thread is a great idea. Very cool.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Feb 5th, 2013 at 5:03 am #40834
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

Right. s2Member’s Coupon Codes are designed to provide discounts on purchases, but not to discount things all the way down to a completely free scenario, unfortunately. This may come in a future release.

For now, the easiest way to handle this, is by setting up a Pro Form for Free Registration, and wrapping it with Simple Conditionals that would test for the existence of a Coupon Code (or Codes) that you generate yourself and integrate into this scenario.

Raam (an s2Member® Support Rep) put together a how-to article covering this topic here.

It may also be worth your time to read this recent KB article that goes into more detail about Simple Shortcode Conditionals. See: Knowledge Base » Simple Shortcode Conditionals

So let’s assume for a moment that you have a cookie set in the customer’s browser with the Coupon Code that makes it possible for them to register at no cost. I’ll assume you’re dealing with this part in custom code.

Now you will create a WordPress® Post or Page and pop a Free Registration Form Shortcode into it.

<?php if(!empty($_COOKIE&#91;'coupon_code'&#93;) && $_COOKIE&#91;'coupon_code'&#93; === 'FREEREG2013'){ ?>

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form register="1" level="0" /]

<?php } else { ?>
	Sorry, your Coupon Code has expired.
<?php } ?>

It might help to have this plugin installed too. See: Knowledge Base » ezPHP Plugin for WordPress®

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.