latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

weird error on Paypal pro form (121204)

Home Forums Community Forum weird error on Paypal pro form (121204)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  boudewijn lutgerink 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Dec 11th, 2012 at 1:32 am #34209

After editing one of my PayPal pro (level 1) pages I get an error: TCPDF ERROR: Could not include font definition file: zapfdingbats.
When removing all names of credit cards except paypal the page seem to work OK with the exception that Billing address data is asked, which is of no use when people pay with paypal. Also the paypal button doesn’t show.

S2member Pro version is 121204

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Dec 11th, 2012 at 8:53 am #34249

Boudewijn, could you please test if there’s a theme/plugin conflict causing this? Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Posted: Tuesday Dec 11th, 2012 at 6:45 pm #34306

Sure I could, but it worked before the upgrade and I did not change anything else.

Posted: Wednesday Dec 12th, 2012 at 10:25 am #34369

Yeah, I know what you mean, but that can happen sometimes. I know that error doesn’t happen in a clean installation of WordPress with s2Member, so something else is adding it. Could you test for a theme/plugin conflict and let me know how it goes? Thanks. :)

Posted: Friday Dec 14th, 2012 at 11:11 am #34667

Well well, with the last update the weird error is gone…
HOWEVER… (always an however)
I now had paypal and visa as possibilities
Selecting PayPal still brought up the billing address options…
I will check against other plug-ins, “I’ll be back”

BL

Posted: Sunday Dec 16th, 2012 at 2:51 am #34765

Here’s what I did to check for the aforementioned erronious behavior.
I deactivted ALL plugins except for the s2pro plugin.
I then generated a new pro form shortcode. Accept set to paypal,visa,mastercard
Saved the page and took a look at it.
Fillied in some bogus info and select Paypal as payment method.
Still the billing address data appears…
Something is not OK…

I then removed the CC’s in the accept completely so only PayPal was accepted as way to pay. Saved the page and looked at it. Then also the billing address data appears.

What struck me also is that in a past version of the pro form when selecting PayPal the button at the end changed into the well-known PayPal alike button. That is not happening now.
Not really a problem, just noticed that one.

Posted: Monday Dec 17th, 2012 at 2:51 am #34815

Could you please show me screenshots of your pro-form tests, together with the shortcode for each?

In one of the latest releases, there was a change so that the payment method didn’t have to be selected if PayPal was the only option. Maybe that’s what you’re seeing different? http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/s2member/changelog/

(s2Member Pro) Feature Enhancement. s2Member Pro Forms integrated ONLY with PayPal Express Checkout (accept=”paypal” accept_via_paypal=”paypal”), will no longer display a Billing Method section on the Pro Form, as it’s not necessary (there’s only one possible option in this case, and it’s already depicted by the PayPal button at the bottom of the Pro Form). Many site owners had implemented CSS hacks to hide this section of a Pro Form configured this way, based on this FAQ article. This hack is no longer necessary – starting with this release.

Posted: Friday Dec 21st, 2012 at 12:39 am #35205

Will do my best. I just updated to wp 3.5 and now I cannot get in the wp-admin. Contacted the hosting company already so maybe later today…

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.