latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

"Welcome", "logout" etc buttons

Home Forums Community Forum "Welcome", "logout" etc buttons

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Mar 28th, 2012 at 11:59 am #9345
Epix Media
Username: epixmedia

Hi all! I need to put some “Welcome [username]”, “Not [username]?” and “Logout” buttons either on a page or hard code them in to my theme if needs be.

I’m sure this information exists already. Could someone give me a push in the right direction please?

Thanks!!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Mar 28th, 2012 at 12:38 pm #9349
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hi Epix, thanks for your inquiry.

For the “Welcome [username]“ and the “Not [username]?” you can use PHP/API Constants, which you can find under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› PHP/API Constants.

You would use the S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_DISPLAY_NAME for this one I believe. I didn’t use the shortcode because it displays my username. ;) Below this constant there are others that you can use for the name of the user, username etc.

For the logout link check this from the WordPress codex:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Tags/wp_logout_url

If you use the logout URL, or the PHP version of the constants, please take into account that you need a plugin that allows you to execute PHP like Exec-PHP. That is if you use it in a page or post of course. ;)

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Mar 29th, 2012 at 1:17 pm #9474
Epix Media

Wonderful, thanks Eduan!

Still not getting email alerts from the forum :( hence my random batches of posts!

Posted: Thursday Mar 29th, 2012 at 1:26 pm #9477
Eduan

Excellent Epix!

Glad I was able to help. :)

About the emails not getting to your inbox:

• Have you tried checking your spam?
  • Have you tried adding s2member@websharks-inc.com to your address book, and/or whitelist?
  • If those don’t work, what email service do you have? If it isn’t GMail I suggest you change it to a GMail account and see if it works.
  • Try NOT to use any free email services like @yahoo.com or @hotmail.com, these services are known to block emails in mass. It’s better to use your own domain name and a private email server; or a mail server that is not subjected to bulk filtering at the MX level. For instance, GMail is known to perform well, while Yahoo/Hotmail are known to block email at the MX/SMTP level, preventing it from ever reaching the recipient (spam folder or otherwise). Yahoo/Hotmail will block just about any email that comes from someone NOT sending you a personal message. They’re VERY particular about things, and it’s for this reason that many companies do not even accept these @yahoo/hotmail addresses any longer. Better to stay away from these if you’re having problems.

If none of these work, please tell me.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Sunday Apr 1st, 2012 at 9:30 am #9696
Epix Media

Hi Eduan, I don’t have any spam filters apart from outlooks default and there is nothing in my spam folder. My emails are set up with through our host 1and1…

Cheers

Posted: Sunday Apr 1st, 2012 at 10:45 am #9700
Eduan

Hmm :/ …

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.