latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Welcome page with user data

Home Forums Community Forum Welcome page with user data

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Apr 1st, 2013 at 10:23 pm #46327

Hi,
i make live events and i use s2member to subscribe participants.

I use Membership levels for name of event.

I need a page after paypal subscribe that says:
“Thank you for subscribe to [Membership_name], paying [fee]€ fee. YOU MUST print this page to allow your enter at the event”

just below this message i need all fields inserted by user without the possibility of change.

How can i do?

another Q: Is there an autoincrement field that identify subrscribe that i can use like invoice number?

Thank you
Emiliano

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Apr 2nd, 2013 at 8:46 am #46373

Hi Emiliano.

I need a page after paypal subscribe that says:

You could use the [hilite mono]succes[/hilite]s attribute pointing to a custom thank-you page you created.
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes -> success[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Custom Return URLs Upon Success[/hilite]

just below this message i need all fields inserted by user without the possibility of change.

How can i do?

A contact form?

another Q: Is there an autoincrement field that identify subrscribe that i can use like invoice number?

s2Member doesn’t have one.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 2nd, 2013 at 11:09 am #46389

thank you for fast reply.

You could use the success attribute pointing to a custom thank-you page you created.
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes -> success
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Custom Return URLs Upon Success

it’s very important i can get different thankyou page for different lists. it’s important too i can get (in thankyou page) price and level of user logged in.

CAn i have they?

A contact form?

not! simply a summary of all data inserted by user at moment of registration

Can i have it?

Thank you

Posted: Wednesday Apr 3rd, 2013 at 4:02 pm #46499
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

it’s very important i can get different thankyou page for different lists. it’s important too i can get (in thankyou page) price and level of user logged in.

s2Member can send you some information regarding the transaction, if you put in some replacement codes in your success URL. You can find the information regarding this here:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Custom Return URLs Upon Success

not! simply a summary of all data inserted by user at moment of registration

You should be able to use Custom Profile/Registration Fields, and make them uneditable after the User has subscribed.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields

Posted: Thursday Apr 4th, 2013 at 6:18 am #46578

Thank you.

You should be able to use Custom Profile/Registration Fields, and make them uneditable after the User has subscribed.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields

How can i call these parameters in thank you page?

Posted: Thursday Apr 4th, 2013 at 6:26 pm #46644
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

You can call them with the s2Get shortcode.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals

For instance, to show a user their display name, you could do the following:

[s2Get constant="S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_DISPLAY_NAME" /]
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.