latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

What if user cancels when using content drip?

Home Forums Community Forum What if user cancels when using content drip?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday May 20th, 2013 at 2:25 am #50213
Lee Wallis
Username: lithium

Hi guys,

I’m currently using the content drip solution which was guided here:
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/drip-content-solution/

My client came up with a scenario which I’m not sure about the answer for…

If a customer signs up and pays a monthly fee for membership, currently they will be “dripped” content every few days for 12 months (which is the length of the course)…

We’re currently using this function to drip the content: “S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_PAID_REGISTRATION_DAYS”

However, what happens if a member decides to cancel part way through the course? Will they still be able to access all the previous content that they have paid for even though they’re no longer a paying member?

I guess what I want to check, is if the function above is actually only counting the number of days that the user has been a PAYING member for and not just a member? So if they stop paying, they won’t be dripped any more content from then on because it will pause the “S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_PAID_REGISTRATION_DAYS” counter.

I hope this makes sense?

Ideally, we want people to be able to pay for the membership and cancel anytime, but still be able to access the content they’ve paid for up until the date they stopped paying.

Thanks for your help, love the plugin!

Lee

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday May 22nd, 2013 at 6:01 am #50342
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

s2Member will drop the counter down to 0 if the User cancels for the S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_PAID_REGISTRATION_DAYS. If you’re also having User be able to change their User level (or demote down to a lower level), you might also want to check the level-specific functionality we have available.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Content Dripping (Second Section)

Posted: Thursday May 30th, 2013 at 8:49 pm #50969
Lee Wallis
Username: lithium

Hi Bruce

Thanks very much for your reply.

It’s a shame that the counter drops back to 0, but I can understand why.

Just wondering though… if a customers credit card expires 3 months into the 12 month membership, then that means the S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_PAID_REGISTRATION_DAYS will go back to 0.

So the only way I can think of for getting them access again is for them to sign up for the membership again with their new credit card details, but then they wont see the content they’ve already paid for, until another 3 months of payment has been processed (which they’ve already paid).

Is there a way I can edit a users S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_PAID_REGISTRATION_DAYS myself?

So if this situation ever happens to a customer, I can get them to sign up again with new credit card details (using a new buy now button for 9 recurring payments instead of 12) and I can simply move them forward in the system by 3 months (90 days).

I hope this makes sense?

Lee

Posted: Friday May 31st, 2013 at 8:15 am #51034
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

I’m very sorry for the inconvinience, I understand how this functionality could be frustrating in this situation.

Is there a way I can edit a users S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_PAID_REGISTRATION_DAYS myself?

You can set the constant before s2Member does, yes. Just define() it before s2Member does by setting it on the init hook in a Must-Use plugin. Knowledge Base » Hacking s2Member® Via Hooks/Filters

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.