latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

What is auto-EOT?

Home Forums Community Forum What is auto-EOT?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday May 12th, 2013 at 4:52 pm #49791
Fred Riley
Username: fredriley

This is a naive question from a paid user still wrestling with s2member: what is the auto-EOT date, and what does it do?

I ask because I’m still trying to import a batch of users from a CSV into s2member (see this thread). The CSV comes from a spreadsheet of existing organisation members created by another database (Zoho). I’m manually editing this sheet to fill in the details needed by s2member. I want to set the membership expiry dates in the sheet, and I’m guessing that these need to go into the ‘Auto-EOT Date’ field in the format mm/dd/yyyy

I’m getting there, slowly but surely…

Fred

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday May 13th, 2013 at 1:05 pm #49822
Fred Riley
Username: fredriley

Sorry, do please ignore this question – I should RTFM properly before posting. The ? link by the “Automatic EOT time” field in s2Member Configuration & Profile Fields describes the Auto-EOT and what it does. In my defence, there is an awful lot of fine manual to read through. I never realised that setting up payments and subs with Paypal etc was so complicated :(

Cheers

Fred

Posted: Tuesday May 14th, 2013 at 4:02 am #49921

Yeah, there’s a bit to read. No problem. Thanks of the update! Glad you solved it. :)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.