latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

What's up with bbPress?

Home Forums Community Forum What's up with bbPress?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Apr 30th, 2013 at 7:34 pm #48829

After Googling for hours, I’m really wondering whther to buy s2member since the bbPress integration appears less than expected.
I stumbled on the forum post at http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/bbpress-and-s2member-looks-a-mess/ which is recent and unanswered.

After searching through your forums, I still see many unanswered set up questions when it comes to Forums – yes, I know the first answer is URI configuration but that simply does not work for Forums. Any time a member will go and post a new Topic in a supposedly Member-Only Forum, there’s no automatic way to protect that new piece of content with URI.

Can you please check out the listed s2member forum question and tell me whether there’s a possibility that altering a functions insertion might work? If so how and then that puts my mind at rest in going Pro.

Would love to see this sorted. I’m sure there are others too.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday May 1st, 2013 at 9:32 pm #48962
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Martin,

Well, URI restrictions work quite well for us. We’re using them here in s2member.com, and as we expect, if you’re not a paid user you can’t access the customer forums.

What exactly do you see missing with URI restrictions? What do you want to achieve that you can’t with URI restrictions? Examples would be nice. :)

– Eduan

Posted: Thursday May 2nd, 2013 at 5:53 pm #49043
Bill Rastarr
Username: rastarr

I’m only new here and looking at a trouble free integration with bbPress too.
From what I have read, the seamless side of things isn’t seamless at all.

How does one create a protected Forum and then have all the content contained in the forum protected?

The URI protection doesn’t work since Topic URLs don’t mention any fragment pertaining to the Forum the topic is in.

How are other people using bbPress to do this? I’d love to know as I was looking at s2member to create an easy membership option for my relationship blog and forum.

If you can actually refer to my other forum post, there does appear to be a far better way – http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/bbpress-and-s2member-looks-a-mess/

Posted: Sunday May 12th, 2013 at 7:55 pm #49796

Hi,

for my membership site I used the snippet from this topic and adapted it for my needs.
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/a-few-questions-before-i-buy-the-pro-version/#post-13113

Basically, Kenny McNett’s solution checks and if a top page/forum is protected it will deny access to subpages/forums.

Slavi

Posted: Thursday May 16th, 2013 at 12:42 pm #50079
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Thanks for sharing the solution Svetoslav. :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.