latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

When do recurring payments process?

Home Forums Community Forum When do recurring payments process?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  senthil prabu 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday May 14th, 2012 at 4:05 pm #13420

I’m developing a monthly subscription site for a client using s2member and Buddypress. My client would like all new subscriptions to charge the full monthly amount regardless of start date, then regular payments to process monthly on the 1st. Is this possible? How do I make this happen?

Thanks so much. s2member rocks!

Brian

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday May 15th, 2012 at 6:55 am #13501

Hi Brian.

You can use a bit of PHP to determine how many days are left in the current month, and set those days as the initial term in your button, which would make the monthly payments start on the 1st of the month. http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1604

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday May 15th, 2012 at 8:09 am #13515

Awesome, thanks! That helps a lot.

The piece of the puzzle that I’m still unclear about is when recurring payments get processed. Do they process based on sign up date? For example, Fred signs up on the 3rd and so his payment is processed every month on the 3rd, while Jim signs up on the 17th and his payment is processed every month on the 17th. Or do all recurring payments automatically process on the 1st of the month? Or can I set it to process on the 1st of the month?

Brian

Posted: Tuesday May 15th, 2012 at 6:41 pm #13561

It processes when the subscription starts. If your regular monthly payments start on the 5th, then every 5th. That’s why I’m suggesting that you use the initial term, which is separate from the regular ones, to end the current month and have the regular terms start on the 1st. So, if it’s a 17th, have the initial term be 13 days (if it’s a 30 days month) and the regular term will start on the 1st.

Posted: Wednesday May 16th, 2012 at 8:45 am #13656

Thanks for the clarification Cristián, that makes sense now.

Posted: Wednesday May 16th, 2012 at 3:51 pm #13682

Cool. :)

Posted: Thursday Mar 21st, 2013 at 11:02 am #45350

Hello Cristian,

I have a question here.

I need to perform the payments process before 1 week of the the last date of the current subscription.

To make it clear, I have implemented monthly subscription, Jim signs up on the 17th and his payment is processed every month on the 17th.

But i need to make the payment on 10th of every month. And the subscription cycle remains same as 17th to 17th of every month.

Kindly help.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.