latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Where has my Pro s2Member gone?

Home Forums Community Forum Where has my Pro s2Member gone?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Dec 18th, 2012 at 7:53 pm #34976

Hello,

I think (not exactly sure) that my plugin has defaulted back to s2member free edition.

Whenever I something in the admin section of wordpress I get a little redbox that appears for a split second at the top of wordpress. It asks me yo input my pro username and details. Then is it disappears.

So I thought maybe my plugin is not working properly and has default back to the free version. It was working fine previously, and still now. But if I paid for the pro version I want it installed correctly.

I’m not even 100% sure whats going on because I cannot remember what the pro vs free version looks like.

But following some instructions found on here I checked my plugin (on the main plugins page) to see if it said I had pro version, and it didn’t mention anything about the pro version. So I assume I am now back on the free one.

That red box that appears for a split second only started after I recently upgraded. So I assume it has something to do with that.

A picture speaks a thousand words so here is a screenshot when I managed to catch the red box at the top (note: that redbox disappears before I can do anything about it): https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9663528/s2member%202.jpg

I have s2member version 121213 installed. But I never updated the pro module. It that the problem?

Also on wordpress 3.5

Thanks,
Ben

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Dec 18th, 2012 at 8:06 pm #34978

Actually I’m certain its revert to the free version. Here is a screenshot of my current options: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9663528/s2member.jpg

I installed a free version on my other blog to compare. They match.

So how do I get my pro options back?

Posted: Wednesday Dec 19th, 2012 at 9:44 am #35053
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Benjamin,

Here’s my guess of what happened:
– New version of s2Member came out so you updated.
– However a plugin conflict happened with this new version of s2Member.
– And so you can’t really upgrade to the pro version automatically.

The solution to this is simple, either check for a plugin or theme conflict, or update the pro version manually. So for now, just follow these common troubleshooting steps: Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips
And update to the pro version manually.

– Eduan

Posted: Wednesday Dec 19th, 2012 at 9:49 am #35056

Hi Benjamin.

Right, you don’t have s2Member Pro active right now, according to the screenshots. When you updated the s2Member Framework, then you needed to upgrade the s2Member Pro add-on too, and that’s what the red box is about.

There you’d enter your s2member.com username and password to have it update the add-on for you. But it shouldn’t disappear. I guess you may have a JS conflict causing this.

In any case, you can update s2Member Pro via FTP too. Please see the documentation here: s2Member® » Pro » Install/Upgrade Instructions

Once you update it to match the framework’s version, it’ll be activated automatically and you’ll get the pro options back in your admin pages.

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.